Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new torque arms in and did some cleaning of the rails. Got a new rear spring, rebuilt the shocks, painted front spring and shock.
Looks pretty mean. Should be stronger than the original and about 4 pounds lighter.

I have another pair of the torque arms for sale too if anyone is interested. They will not be free though.

201031221657432_5375.jpg

D

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
what rear spring did you order? i think i have heavy springs in my sled

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CMX (Crazy Mountain Extreme) has used/new take off springs for $25. $15 to ship. That's where I got it. It's just a standard spring.

I have 2 used extras, one is really firm and the other is a little more forgiving. In fact the stiffer spring is about 3/4" taller than the one I just bought. Not sure why it's so stiff, must be the design.

After dealing with these M10's for a few years, I think the rear spring sacks out after awhile. I have no idea when but I can tell you the newer spring really makes the ride plush again.

I think the newer black springs are the HD. I'm not too sure if those would work very well for a single rider or under 250-300 pounds. I can set mine so I can hardly move the bumper.

I can sell the 2 other springs pretty cheap if you are interested. May give you more options if you are not satisfied with yours.

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts