Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you think that if I add a D&D y pipe and Silencer to my M1000 I will need to add the Boondocker box. D & D says I will be right on the line and to check my plugs.
I don't plan to add any more performance accessories, so I don't want add a $600 item if I don't need it.

Just wanted a second or third or forth opinion.

Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by binom1000
[br]Do any of you think that if I add a D&D y pipe and Silencer to my M1000 I will need to add the Boondocker box. D & D says I will be right on the line and to check my plugs.
I don't plan to add any more performance accessories, so I don't want add a $600 item if I don't need it.

Just wanted a second or third or forth opinion.

Thanks
No, usually you only have to add the boondocker when you add more than 10 horsepower to a EFI sled. A D&D Y-pipe is only about 3 horsepower at the most, and silencers add .5 to 2 horspower (if they even add anything at all). So you should be fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dude you should be ok But ever sled is a little differnt. And the new 1000 has a differnt ignition than the 800 and even the old 700 lay downs. I would wait a bit and let someone eles try it first Like a mag editor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.