Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had a chance to ride with a dragon yet this year.Just wondering how they compare in the deep snow tree riding.Seen one at the dealer looks like polaris is on the right track.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
from what I have been hearing there is no comparison. the dragon walks all over it and the m8. If you want something bigger hold out till next your when they release the dragon 800.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I rented an '06 RMK 700 that seemed to walk over an M8 (which my buddy was riding). They only improved the design with the dragon, so I have no problem doubting it's capabilities.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]I rented an '06 RMK 700 that seemed to walk over an M8 (which my buddy was riding). They only improved the design with the dragon, so I have no problem doubting it's capabilities.
The 06 700 was based off of the 900 motor.
The 07 Dragon is based off the 600 H.O. and 440 race motor.
Different tunnel, chassis, cooling, much less weight, lots of changes.
Big improvements for 07.

Dragon VS M-7? Better rider will probably win in the mountains, but the Dragon is a better sled, I believe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Originally posted by 500EFISKS
[br]I heard reports that dyno tests are showing the dragon at 146 to 148 hp.
Sounds right but what Student Driver said true, the better sledder will most likely win, in any event.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Head-to-head on the trail the Dragon will walk away from the M7 (proven by me, both riders same weight and height). On the hill experience will USUALLY prove who is better. Both great sleds overall.

07rmkracer

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by 07rmkracer
[br]Head-to-head on the trail the Dragon will walk away from the M7 (proven by me, both riders same weight and height). On the hill experience will USUALLY prove who is better. Both great sleds overall.

07rmkracer
Why did you put a 151 track on your dragon? I hear the 155 polaris is the best track out????

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]
Originally posted by 07rmkracer
[br]Head-to-head on the trail the Dragon will walk away from the M7 (proven by me, both riders same weight and height). On the hill experience will USUALLY prove who is better. Both great sleds overall.

07rmkracer
Why did you put a 151 track on your dragon? I hear the 155 polaris is the best track out????
155 is a better track for everything but straight ice with no snow.
His is a 151 finger with screws.
That's an Ice and really hard pack track.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree with WY, why would anyone in their right mind take off the 155 and move down to a 151? $ure is an expensive and time consuming way to loose 4" of track. I guess 05 or 06 rails would work, just a lot of work to get rid of a great track. Mine floats through waist to chest deep bottomless pow.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Dually noted. I really wanted to keep the 155. I have the 151 w/screws because I race on the hillclimb circuit(RMSHA). Switching did entail putting drivers from an '06 on because the 155 driver is specific to that track only. I also had to swap the 155 rails out with '06 151 rails, but if you just put them on opposite sides you can keep the two wheel bogey set-up (pretty sweet imo). 2.25" finger w/screws will rip the crap out of anything you run over, AND still climbs fairly well in the fluffy stuff. Purely for racing.. Just thought I would clear up the confusion.

·
Registered
241 Posts
pics-hope they work

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/ve800man/100_1594.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/ve800man/100_1595.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/ve800man/100_1593.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts