Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think a 97 MACH Z 800 Triple would top out at? Its a long track, inch and a quarter? The dealer said 120mph. What do you guys say?

·
Registered
13 Posts
with long track, probly right around 113-119 mph. those 800 TRIP.TRIP's crank out some ponies[8D]

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you have superb conditions, enough room and use high octane....sure 120 sounds good. Don't have any extra baggage on the sled though. You know, extra oil, no full tank, no extra anything. Just you, your helmet and the bare bone sled.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think around 145 hp and you should get 115mph if it is stock.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my buddy raced a 2002 EDGE X 800 and beat him tonight and the guy said he was very suprised and also a Storm 800 that wouldn't beat it either. He had the machine doing 115+ on the speedo going over pretty fair sized drifts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
1997 Was best year for the mach and the 809

It has the hottest ignition, and best stock pipes for the Mach, and most efficient chassis for the 809 Machs (97-current)

153HP is where th 97s came in, best year for the Mach IMHO

You should see 110+ out of a stock one in good conditions. Remember, fatory Speedos can be as much as 10% off, and adding things like a paddle track will change the gear ratio.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[blue]Thanks MMP for the info! The Edge X he raced is piped and clutched and they were about half a sled length apart. This machine was raced in the 1/8th mile last year and very suprisingly it beat the twins! Weird..[/blue]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
thats not suprising, it takes a good setup for short runs. what do you expect, anything less?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i know im just having some fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts