Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am thinking about buying a 1999 ski doo mach z 800 can anyone tell me what kinda problems they have and if i should look for anything when i am there please let me know

·
Registered
567 Posts
there an awesome sled any motor mods that you know of pipes are pretty common i rode with a guy that all he rode was the mach z a 98 and a 00 millenium editiom 98 had alot of internal motor mods and was a pain to get tuned always burning number 2 cylender and carbs were always having a problem could have been a lemon idk 00 was awesome sled pipes and cans and a mild porting job never had any problems with that sled

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only thing that i know about it is that it had a new top end put on it 300 miles ago and new psi pipes and stingers the guy wants 1600 for it i think its a good deal oh and its has a 151 track

the only thing that i know about it is that it had a new top end put on it 300 miles ago and new psi pipes and stingers the guy wants 1600 for it i think its a good deal

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i would snatch it up all i know about them is there scary fast the fastest sled i ever rode. my dad hurt himself on the one we had for a week and after that he sold it

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i would put the stock pipes back on it. first of all just because psi sucks. secondly that sled with stock pipes is a very strong running sled that can be a daily driver. also if it has pipes and a new top end that should tell you something about the tuning of the pipes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
One of my friends had a 00 millenium edition and it was always overheating, went to the dealer and they said it was a common problem with those sleds that they needed more coolers. It was all stock and a low mile real clean sled, ended up gettin rid of it for what he bought it for cause he didnt want to pop the motor.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the pipes with stingers are going to be loud.
who knows why the guages dont work. could be a simple ground or possible lighting coil on the stator? depends what else works and doesnt work.

·
Registered
567 Posts
thats a mod sled made to go into the deep and steep and nasty seems like a good deal be a lil weary dont get me wrong good be an awesome sled but expect to do some tuning on it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts