Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me 93 Indy Trail Deluxe. With 1100 miles. On the first ride it ran about 2 miles down the road on a shakedown run. Stopped to wait for wife to catchup. Machine would not move when tried to go again. Clutch seemed to be engaging and machine would squat down when power applied but would not move. Feels like the brake is on. any ideas on things to check ? Thanks in advance........

DonC

·
Registered
632 Posts
put it on a stand and rev it up and see what happens. Can you turn the track by hand with the belt off?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Possible things
-track binding
-bad driveline bearing somewhere
-suspension rails poked through front of track

just a few ideas...

As 98700xc mentioned-
I have also had my suspension slides get so hot in low/no snow conditions that when i stopped they melted and stuck to the track. I know you had mentioned that you went 2miles down a road. Was there much snow?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
4-sure get it on a stand as trailjunkie mentioned and go from there, as it could be any of the above mentioned.

Did you have to trailer it back or did you get it to limp back!?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Road was hard packed snow. fortunately I stayed on the road and after 30 minutes [B)]was able to get it loaded back on the trailer. hate those carbides [confused2]. will put on a stand and try....didn't check the plugs. Maybe should get ice scrappers most of riding will be on lakes and hard packed trails. Where do u get the ice scrapers ?

just a few ideas...

As 98700xc mentioned-
I have also had my suspension slides get so hot in low/no snow conditions that when i stopped they melted and stuck to the track. I know you had mentioned that you went 2miles down a road. Was there much snow?
[/quote]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep it was the high fax. Jacked it up only one clip was stuck. Broke it loose and track spins fine [thumb] Ordered Ice Scratches for both machines. Any suggestions for a lube ? [14pt]Thanks for all the help[/14pt], this site is a $$$ saver [:D][/color=black]

·
Registered
258 Posts
DonC said:
Yep it was the high fax. Jacked it up only one clip was stuck. Broke it loose and track spins fine [thumb] Ordered Ice Scratches for both machines. Any suggestions for a lube ? [14pt]Thanks for all the help[/14pt], this site is a $$$ saver [:D][/color=black]

While your at it, order up a set of caliber ski guides/protectors for your trailer. Caliber makes them as well as a few other companies. It looks like plastic bed liner but in strips 8-12ft long and 4" wide. Just screw them down to yor trailer and your done. I put them on my trailer this year and getting my sled on and off is so easy. It just glides off the trailer. I cant beliveve I waited this long to get them. My back is thanking me everyday for doing this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Robo that was the other half of my order. Got 40 ft of the 8 inch coming with the ice scratchers. Getting to old to try and load a dead machine :-(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts