Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you people think of these? I think they are stupid as hell. They compare a bunch of machines that aren't in the same class, then talk crap about them. I think it's obvious who pays them more in advertising dollars, just read American Snowmobiler's reviews.

Sorry, Just read that now and had to rant a bit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
SnowGoer in my opinion does pretty good reviews on their sleds....by yea, American Snowmobiler's reviews suck I think. SnowGoer usually gives facts and then reasons why they liked one sled better than another. It's usually not writen either like it was all just one person's opinion, and they usually have many people who work there and rode them write about it. But yea, American Snowmobiler's suck pretty bad. Most of the time it is just all trashing the sled....any sled too.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I showed pman a review where they bitched constantly about how bad the Vipers suspension is to adjust (nothing against the Viper just what it said) then they never complained about the Pro X's but the gave the Viper a better rating in suspension adjustability. But ya SnowGoer is the only one I subscribe to because they are more open minded.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I think that Snowtech has the best reviews on everything. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I don't like any of them. I just use them to get info on the new stuff. Never judge a sled by the magazine review. They raved and ranted about the Viper and its suspension and well yeah when we got it my dad couldn't understand wtf the American Snowmobiler people were smoking. I have never seen a magazine since mention anything about the vipers problems except not being easy to tune the suspension. Only one magazine that we recieved for free somehow ever mentioned the Vipers problems and service announcements. American Snowmobile definetally never mentioned how Yamaha admitted they made a mistake and offered a new shock package, or that they admit their is a cooling issue and offered new coolers.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know for a fact AMsno made a really bad review about the Pro X 600. Half the crap they talk about isn't true. Although half the stuff they complain about is rider preferance. I know I love my Pro X and for this year nobody peel me from it. That sled is amazing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
he likes it.....she doesnt.....she likes it. he doesnt...ride what yu like...it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks....me and my bud ride 94 and 96 xlt 600" s and we have more fun on those sleds because we like em...lots of people stick there nose up at us sittin there on there pretty new machines,,,but we have just as much fun!!as for the sno mags.....they are good sources for new products...thats about it...they are too brand specific in my opinion...each one seems to prefer only one or two and the rest is junk...huh....my 3 cents

·
Registered
13 Posts
all i want from a rewiew is technical info, i dont care if joe blow like a sled, because i am sure he is looking for something else then i am. snowtech is the best sled mag

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/northeastsnowmobileclub/

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'll look at SnowGoer for the nice glossy pics, but certainly not their reviews. Some of the tech sections are ok, but are very limited.

My personal opinion is that SnowTech is the best mag out there; hands down. It's still a mag, and relies on advertising, but they have THE BEST tech articles out there! I also think their reviews are the least bias.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i agree, use them for the tech specs, not there impression of performance or ride.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I like them all, cause my ZR900 is getting good write ups[:D]

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Those ZR 900's are prety good, they are quick, and light.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have a ZR 900? Do you know this for a fact or are you just quoting a magazine? If you haven't ridden one, you shouldn't comment on it. Those who have ridden should be putting opinions out, not just repeating what you read in a magazine.

Sorry, the point of this topic was to gripe about magazines, not quote from them.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
No I have ridden one, and the are prety good. I haven't opened one up yet, but I did ride around, and hit a couple of jumps, they have very good response, and I really like them.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good, not a false review.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Ya p-man I will probably be giving one a good test (wot, wide open throtle) on the lake within the next few weeks, if I do i'll post more info. protizone 99 that's prety much what this is.

·
Registered
975 Posts
The only mag I trust and swear by is Snowtech. They don't descriminate one brans from another and what they say is pretty-well the gospel.(or at least more reputable that the other ones out there)

·
Registered
277 Posts
SnowTech is definitely the best informative sled magazine out there. They give actual unbiased testing on sleds, aftermarket components, dynos, whats works and what doesnt. If you look at all the advertisers in the magazine, from the small ads to the large ones, they have the most companies advertising with them. The says alot about the magazine when you have so many different companies wanting to advertise in your mag. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts