Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of the 2" riser I put on and my stock pipe with ceramic coating.

2" Mahler riser

Brake hose got pretty tight when turned all the way to the left, so I put on an extension.

Stock pipe

Stock pipe with ceramic coating

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
What kind of $ does it cost to get ceramic coating put on a pipe?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Looks good, I may have to get my pipes coated next year just couldn't afford the extra $300 they wanted right now. Looks real nice though. Nice looking riser too.
I have the stock 2" riser on my T-cat but it is cast iron and wieghs like 5 lbs I may change it out to save wieght next year.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Flange, u remind me of some of those guys i seen on the trail out in montana that i gawked at when i seen there sleds not really decked out, but just the little things u guys will do to em...

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
That coating should help your pipe retain it's heat when powder comes thru the vents and lands on the pipe... right?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]That coating should help your pipe retain it's heat when powder comes thru the vents and lands on the pipe... right?
Apparently the coating does keep the heat in the pipe better than the original heat shield. Might be a load of crap too. I saw another guys sled that got it done and when I found out how much, I said WTF and got it done. Dropped a couple of pounds off the machine too.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Looks serious.

That engine bay is clean enough to eat from.

I'm with ACG I like things clean, functional and practical like your sled. You know like the car that looks stock on the outside, but will just blow your doors off if you get in a race.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy
[br]Flange, u remind me of some of those guys i seen on the trail out in montana that i gawked at when i seen there sleds not really decked out, but just the little things u guys will do to em...
Its the little things in life that make all the difference!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts