Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1981 Kawasaki Invader with 500 original miles on it. It has been stored for so long that I think the carbs need to be rebuilt because fuel spils out of the float overflow tubes when running and it floods very easily. It has dual Mikuni carbs. Is there any place that I could mail them to to have them rebuilt so that I don't have to do it myself? There is no Kawasaki snowmobile shop around me. Thanks, JH

·
Registered
837 Posts
skidoo uses them also, and if you are rebuilding them you will also want to get new neddles and seats, i don't think those come in the kits, and maybe pilot jets if you can't get them cleaned the mains should be ok

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'll do it! lol, actually you could do it yourself, its not as difficult as it may sound. Without having the sled/engine there, a mail order couldn't do much more than you could.

·
Registered
608 Posts
There really is no rebuilding to a Mikuni carb. It's more of just cleaning and replacing what you can't clean. Get some cleaner and find a flat surface and just dive in. The one reccommendation I have is that you use a hand impact driver to take the screws out. They are cheap if you don;t have one yet.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Be sure the floats, still "float". Some times they get holes in them and will fill up with gas and won't float. Also be sure they are adjusted properly. I'd also change the needle n seats. If you don't mess with the idle or air screws on the outside of the carb body, and don't adjust the throttle or choke cables (assuming they're already in spec) you won't have to re-sync the carbs. Cleaning them and changing the needle n seats is simple. Ask if you've got any questions.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Tfin70- I was just going to mention that. Last year on my Polaris 400, the floats stopped floating. It would go through alot of gas and backfire every once and a while.

I also had gas spilling out of an overflow in the carb. They are very simple to replace!

-Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts