Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Maine ride

3K views 43 replies 6 participants last post by  Luke68Polaris 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone in February would like to plan a ride in and around fryeburg maine.

If you are, I can hook you up with some cheap hotels and stuff..

#2 ·
weres fryeburg??? im in northern maine.. theres a couple ppl i know that are in maien and would probably go....maybe if we met halfway??? like houlton??? or something??i dunno just throwing ideas out there....

#6 ·
Woof woof woof AAAAH... Moriarity enough with the negative waves. Like it's a beautiful day, sit'in here drinking some wine and eat'in some cheese.[8D]

great movie!

Jackman is a ways from Fryeburg. I'm kind of fond of Area 51. Then again the area where the Navy lands the gulf of Maine launched cruise missle is pretty cool place as well

#8 ·
Well. Were starting to plan a new years ride in Fort Kent. 6 and half hours from me. They've already got snow, and conditions for this year here aren't looking to good. Still have to get my sled together. I have to weld the freakin tunnel on my sled still, and put a new fuel pump in it. :( BS!

#9 ·
im live in vb about about an hour away! maybe if u do a big loop we could do a couple miles together...i own a farm..i have tons of land and know where some kick drifts and hills are...im still up for it if the sled dont sell

#10 ·
by the way we got 6 inches and more is expected for the weekend...fort kent has more than us..and for some reason they always have more than us....just a lil more info

#12 ·
Not sure your parents would let us go riding with you guys. Don't want to end up on America's Most Wanted. Either of you have any 30 - 40 year old aunts?

#13 ·
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]Not sure your parents would let us go riding with you guys. Don't want to end up on America's Most Wanted. Either of you have any 30 - 40 year old aunts?

Well. My 38 year old dad would come, and my 20 year old bro.

If you guys interested, bring your cams.

Luke68Polaris - We could probably come through there.

What do you guys ride ( the guys who would enjoy coming )

My bro is going to be riding a 1994 Thundercat 900 Mod

My dad will be riding a 1998 Thundercat 1000 Mod

I'll be riding a 1999 Mxz 500 mod

We'll probably start riding at around 10am January 1st.

#14 ·
we could meet at lakeview..its south of fk and north of vb... we could eat lucnh at lakeview and come towwards van buren...my house is right of the main drag..again just throwing ideas out...its ruffly 70 miles from vb to lakeview and back to vb...so i dunno what you guys would do....and lakeview is right off a 12 mile drag lake...so i always love hitting 90 the whole way home on that...what do you guys think?? i ride a 440 and my dad rides a 700 both polaris

#16 ·
Well.. We average 20 in the tight trails, and 30-60 in other places. On the lakes, we give what are sleds got.. And the 1000 has a lot. LOL! Had it at 135 on lovwells pond when it was sheer ice. My sled is built for pinning it and holding it there.. I don't know what the trails are like up there. Around here, sometimes you have to find a different path if your sled won't fit. And it will be nice having other people helping dig out the 1000

#18 ·
Chance of snow showers about every day but this coming Wed and Thurs, up in St Agatha. Chance of rain showers Wed and Thu. Then back to chance of snow showers. No real storms on the horizon yet.

#20 ·
Greater Portland.

Snow's melting, rain expected today. 32F this AM.

Trails officially open this Friday for groomer reimbursement. Not enough snow to actually go anywhere on yet.

[attachment=51655]

Attachments

#21 ·
i think i see a spec of purple in my area...lol jkjk....weve been expecting sno for a while but our meteorologist is a ding bat..nothing much..no rain here but no snow eaither..we have had a steady 25-36 day time and freezing at night..we have snow but the track beds are still basicly dirt...weve had the same snow for a while so i think this should be our base and more acc.. later

#22 ·
The rides not looking so good anymore.

#24 ·
Originally posted by Luke68Polaris
[br]guys...wtf i went for a dirtbike ride today!! the only snow we have ois on the small banks that are plowed up
What kind of bike you got? I'll trade you my sled for your bike if it's smaller than a 125

#25 ·
its a yamah ttr 225 with an fmf pipe powermadd handguards and a fmf barpad. not so sure about trading. its bigger than a 125 but the power is very mellow and the seat height is only 34.2 the ttr 125 seat height is 31.7 so its right in the ballpark. my retail is 1330 high and 1018 low. your is 2160 low 2840 high and thats without reverse and e start.

#26 ·
Originally posted by Luke68Polaris
[br]its a yamah ttr 225 with an fmf pipe powermadd handguards and a fmf barpad. not so sure about trading. its bigger than a 125 but the power is very mellow and the seat height is only 34.2 the ttr 125 seat height is 31.7 so its right in the ballpark. my retail is 1330 high and 1018 low. your is 2160 low 2840 high and thats without reverse and e start.
Yeah, but my sleds beat to $h!t.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.