Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go on a trip through the Yukon and I also take some good trips around the NWT. Anyway what would be good things to do to ensure my machine does not break down? What maint do most people fail to do or what are some tricks to make sure my machine is in top shape?? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i always make sure everything is greased good, got a spare belt plugs carbides.. if you havent ya might want to clean your carbs this year. check your track that kinda stuff.. im not an expert or anything but i know a little.

·
Registered
129 Posts
look the engine all over good...check for leaks and loose bolts...make shure yure clutches are good...track tension...grease her up...before any long trip i allways examine my fuel line ...dam line likes to crack in the strangest places! above all have faith in yure sled...if yu take good care of her on a reg basis breakdowns are minimal.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Check all of the wheels especially the rear for play. Also check driveshaft and jackshaft bearings for the same. Grease all fittings.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
make sure you have most of the tools you need in a kit on your sled. Don't forget a tow rope either... :-(

-Dean

·
Registered
83 Posts
It would help to know what kind of machine
you have . Each sled has its weakness .I would replace fuel filter,spark plugs ,oil
filter, starter rope if any sign of fraying.
Change chain case oil and adj. chain. Plus all of the things the other guys posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks guys. Some of those things I do not know how to do yet. I have an Arctic Cat 2002 Panther. It is new as of last year but I want to keep that sucker running like new for years. I know you can pay a mech to fix everything but if you know some of this stuff when something happens when you are out on the land you can fix it yourself soemtimes. That is good!! When it is -40 it is a matter of life and death!!! Thanks everyone!!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
This topic should give you a few more ideas about staying out of trouble.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3838

1 - 9 of 9 Posts