Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im new here and i need your help. I just bought a 96 zrt and before i bought it i drove it and it had a bog but i didnt figure it was a problem since it hadnt been ran in 2 years. I figured it needed the carbs cleaned. But i was wrong ive cleaned the carbs and Jetted them, new fuel filter and the same problem. when you press the thortle it bogs for a couple seconds then all the sudden runs great until you let off the throttle and press it again and you have the same problem. Help me please.

·
Registered
35 Posts
GO TO ARCTICCHAT.COM LOOK UNDER ZR MODELS THEN LOOK AT THE 7TH ONE FROM THE TOP . PINNED ZR/ZL CUTTING OUT. THIS MIGHT BE YOUR PROBLEM VERY COMMON

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the belt deflection. Makes a big difference on this type of thing. I just pulled two shims out of the secondary on one of my sleds for a huge difference in eliminating this condition. You want the belt riding just high/tight enough on the secondary that it damn near wants to creep on you when sitting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took the belt off and the engine alone had a bog. But I think i found the problem, all of the reads in the middle cylinder were loose and the reeds were rattling around. The sled caught on fire a couple of days ago so now i get to fix the wiring and the fuel lines, oil lines, and the cables, but i think that will fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts