Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some one asked me what I think of this setup for there sled. They were told to buy a set of v-force reeds and a team roller clutch. cost for a twin was around $580.
this is what we came up with.
boysen reeds $67
thundershift kit $140
secondary spring (2) $40
primary spring $18
gear set (gear down) for top and bottom $70
helix (2) one a little more than stock and one a little less $150

the difference is, what he was told to buy had one adjustment for the clutch. now he has infinite adjustment. all he has to do is dial in the weights for how he rides then fine tune for different conditions with the secondary.
the difference in reeds. the v force may make a couple hp at the engine than stock replacements. but what is better 3hp at the engine or a good jump in power at the track?
I have been pretty hard on aftermarket companies but I will tell you thundershift works!!! the more you play the better they work!!! have fun but let your money get you the most it can.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
seems like you know a bit about aftermarket companies, and this question has been brought up previously- do boost bottles work at all?

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
502 Posts
might need a chain too for the gearing, depending on what sled. just a thought,

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the boost bottle im not so sure about. i rode a sled for a couple years without one and rode the same sled with one and didnt notice it.

the chain lenght to be looked at is a good point. if you do a little research your oem dealer actually has a lot of material and parts to do a fair amount of tunning a person can benifit a lot from there gear and spring charts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts