Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a nice little 600 summit everest 146 track to see if i like a summit.

Now what can a guy do to make it ever lighter? not spending a fortune at it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
what year 600 summit

·
Registered
567 Posts
hmm thats a good question theyre light already. How much you lookin to spend? For starters skis and suspension products but they wont be cheap. wanna drop a quick ten pounds or so get an aftermarket can.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Take off your vents if there are any- thats like a pund right there. Any extra plastic or rubber, another few punds. I have two old indy 500s. One is almost stripped of unimportant pieces, the other just about mint. Theres a noticable difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i dont think theres much to strip off if you drill your track thatll drop some weight but be careful hit a stump or a tree it'll rip that track way easier

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Lightweight TI A-arms, can, boss seat, aftermarket skid. The 08 should have come with a ported track.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
If you take the sway bar out you will save some weight and it will also feel a lot lighter (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
srx_600 said:
If you take the sway bar out you will save some weight and it will also feel a lot lighter (if that makes sense).
Yeah, the sled would be easier to throw around, my sks really benefits from that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts