Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to re-do the interrior of my boat. New floor seats carpet etc. It is a runabout with the standard 5 piece windsheild. I think I'm going to try to make something more like most fishing boats have. Has anyone attempted something like this? Any advice?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mhawk said:
Well I decided to re-do the interrior of my boat. New floor seats carpet etc. It is a runabout with the standard 5 piece windsheild. I think I'm going to try to make something more like most fishing boats have. Has anyone attempted something like this? Any advice?
My Father and I are doing the same with our boat and we were just thinking about cutting to fit plexy glass you may need to bend the metal a little bit to get it to fit but it will work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made one side last night. It turned out real nice. I'm going to take some pictures as I do the other side today. I decided to use lexan. I was afraid that if I used plexi I may end up doing it again in the future since the plexi is more likely to break.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mhawk said:
I made one side last night. It turned out real nice. I'm going to take some pictures as I do the other side today. I decided to use lexan. I was afraid that if I used plexi I may end up doing it again in the future since the plexi is more likely to break.
Have you been able to get the Lexan into the metal frame? Thats the only thing Im gonna be worried about when we do ours.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't use the metal frame. I made a bass boat style windshield for both sides. Getting it in a frame shouldn't be too much of a hassle though. It's pretty easy to work with. You just have to heat it slowly if you are going to form it. Too much heat causes it to blister and deform.

·
Registered
737 Posts
plexi is a pain but lexan in moldable i have done it many times a heat gun is better than a torch keep it moving quickly and keep a good distance so it doesnt melt or distort

1 - 6 of 6 Posts