Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cougar 550 and i want it to be louder and have more power but i cannot find a silencer or pipes for this model what can i do??

Tim Patten

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
PPL that want loader sleds put restrictions on the rest of us...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Drill holes in the exhaust.

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
yeah and people with louder sleds that are actually fast avoid tickets :).

[/quote]

Maybe, but where are you going to ride, when sleds become illigal because of complaints?

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I was just kidding. I wouldn't ride a sled with really loud exhaust. Would bother me too much to ride it. On a strip fine for the quick racing but no way on the trails.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Agreed.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Please do not make your sled louder unless you live in a remote area. Many people live on the properties they let us ride through. Also many people live near the trails or use some of the wilderness areas. If you piss them off, we can (and do) lose trails. I was in the U.P. once and some yahoo had a sled that was so loud we could hear him for miles. It was obnoxious, and ruins the quality of life for those who live there.

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot guys, you really helped me out!!

I live in Maine so it's kind of remote if ya know what I mean!!
'Tim-

Tim Patten

·
Registered
412 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by viperx182:
hey if he wanted to ride a loud sled, let him. he was asking questions about what to do and how, not for our approval.

[/quote]

You're right, he wasn't asking for our approval. However, when someone elses actions can have a negative impact on what I'm allowed/able to do, I believe that person should be educated about why what they are doing causes a problem.

I realize he lives in Maine and I am not familiar with the laws there, but in Ontario it is against the law to modify the exhaust system on your snowmobile. When people go ahead and do it anyway it just gives the non-sledding public more ammunition against us and the sport as a whole.

JHMO.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I am not saying he can't do that. If he wants to fine but seeing as I don't want that and would prefer there were less sleds that loud I will take it upon myself to simply not share my knowledge. Thats all there is.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Have you tried Black Magic, or D&D not sure if they make performance parts for your cougar. But if anyone does they do.

I understand the noise issue the guys are talking about but, I ride where the only other people are the guys on the other mod sleds who came with me.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

1 - 13 of 13 Posts