Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the snow in Manitoba . every time I go out I get 1/3 good 2/3 bad riding .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay around Hecla and Gull Harbour resort. Okay on the assiniboine and Red River. Supposed to be okay around Lac du bonnet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well i rode to grand beach a few weeks ago same thing but more like 2/3 good. Was out in lac du bonnet this last weekend and it was alright.The main trails were beat pretty good but there was a poker derby on. The ditches around home are quite full. It's just been like that the last few years here, having to look for snow. I am going to go to the Kenora area next weekend to see if i can find some there. It seems it's a part of snowmobiling now.

Rich

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sunday, I rode from Birds Hill to Lac du Bonnet and I thought it wasn't that bad. We were supposed to go to Bird River but had a late start. Riding around Lac du Bonnet we went down the side trails (shorter, but not as popular) and we thought they were in very good shape.

Im planning on heading to Bird River this weekend (I hear it's great), maybe even pass through parts of Ontario to find more.

Apparently there setting up radar runs at Falcon Lake this weekend too. 60% chance of snow on Saturday ![:0]

·
Registered
314 Posts
bigwilly, I havent gone there yet this year but I hear it is pretty lame for snow. The radar runs are only 660 ft so kinda pointless unless your geared for that.

Went for a rip last night but couldnt see a damn thing due to the strong wind. Still had to go out though :p

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Thanks I was supposed to go out there mid march so hopefully they get some snow before then.

Also for conditions in Manitoba: www.snoman.mb.ca/trailconditions.htm

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am going to that area next weekend so i'll keep you all posted

Rich

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we rode the fire guard roads south of Richer
and it was great . The only badriding was on the marked trail . The only problem with this is that it is very easy to get lost.
The trails up the trans Canada were groomed
and looked very good . We didn't ride it as we were meeting at Richer .

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just got back from the Kenora area the trails BLOW!!! the posted speed limit is 50kph but you r lucky if you can do 15, terrible! So we didn't get to ride in falcon lake but the trails looked freshly groomed. We are just going to trailer there next weekend. lots of snow on the lakes though. HAd a blast put on 250 miles.

Rich

·
Registered
366 Posts
just came back from the kenora area last night and the lakes r full of snow. It's amazing you almost can't stop or you'll get stuck!!! But man was it windy. Made for a very cold weekend. That and the fact it went to -33c on friday night. fun none the less

Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts