Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saturday we woke up about a foot of snow! so we went out riding!

20101116224251641_21898.jpg
i figured it was safer to ride up to work to get my paycheck than take a car lol this is at the CSU at MSU.

20101116224312141_21898.jpg
This was weird. he went up a drift got bucked off and we find the ski like this. bent tie rod. great pic tho haha

20101116224321657_21898.jpg

2010111622433195_21898.jpg

sorry no action pics we were too busy riding... and fixing sleds. more like a test run haha

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Tie rod's not a huge deal. Did that same thing myself last year, Polaris steering setup is designed to do that.

Looks like a good time, I have a friend who's an RA at MSU Mankato.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KingPrat said:
Tie rod's not a huge deal. Did that same thing myself last year, Polaris steering setup is designed to do that.

Looks like a good time, I have a friend who's an RA at MSU Mankato.
yeah its not too bad. used ones are like 15 bucks on ebay. well thats good to know hes not the only one lol i dont think it helps that the spindles were put on backwards [beatup]

i figured someone would know MSU some. i had to take a picture because it probably wont happen again.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
its great to have people like you guys go out early and "mark" all the culverts and other obstacles. i personally wait for a while just for that reason.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sks7kid said:
got my first ride too ( I live in Morristown, about 30 miles away).. Only rode for a few minutes.. just enough to try out the new IQ!

20101115114055948_9195.jpg
Oh I bet you loved that!!! Nice sled!

madcow said:
its great to have people like you guys go out early and "mark" all the culverts and other obstacles. i personally wait for a while just for that reason.
We stuck around home because we know where most stuff is."most" lol there's always surprises. But we still don't know what happened, we didn't find anything. There had to be something tho. I doubt backwards spindles would do that. But mabey.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
You'd be surprised of what you can't see, I came tearing out of a corner at my local mx track pinned to the bar. Hit either a pipe or a rock I never saw it. I was pretty damn sore after that.

Anyways I'd sure as hell gone for a rip on my sled with a foot on the ground.

·
Registered
278 Posts
wish i lived somewhere where we got snow in mid november. We usually have to wait till beggining of december to enought to go riding here in NY

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would rather have the ground frozen first and then see all that snow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i woke up this morning went to school and to my surprise there was bout an inch or so about 3 miles from my house. didnt stay long but it was a start! ground aint quite frozen yet but its getting colder!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts