Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to visit the local sled shop and put myself farther in debt.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Why ploaris? Note that this is not a bash of any kind just really wondering what drew you to the polaris sleds?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I know I want a Polaris because I have been riding Polaris for a few yrs now and I will just stick with the company that has kept me happy all this time. There is nothing wrong with the others, but I enjoy my Polarises.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same reason, riden them for years and have good relationship with dealer. Great service, good deals.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been riding polaris my whole life, except for my first sled which was a 1972 Rupp Nitro 400. I haven't had any problems with the sled itself. Only problems of what I did to the sled.

·
Registered
586 Posts
does anyone know what that M10 ACE suspention is and how it's different than the M10?I like the new graphics for '03, and I REALLY love those new big cc pro Xs.
The reason I like Polaris best is because, from what I've seen, they seem more durable.I've seen shocks bust off of skidoo's& cats, and heard horror stories of blowing clutches in the middle of nowhere.I dunno, maybe those people just don't maintain there sleds well.I've just seen people around here having less problems with Polaris.(untill I got my new one...)

when all else has been done and said, you best look out for Mr.Oysterhead!

·
Registered
155 Posts
The M-10 ACE is a little "smarter." its adjustable with a button on the handle bar. its the same as the M-10 mechanically, just has an electric motor to adjust the rear shock position.

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't know if those stories about blowing shocks and clutches are true, unless those people just never look their sleds over. My dad has rode Ski-Doo ever since he started riding and has never skrewed up anything on his sleds, and he rides really hard. Especially when him and my mom were getting divorsed, he would go to a bar, drink about 8 beers, then bomb the trails. Irresponcable I know, but he isn't like that anymore, now it's 2 beers tops at a bar. But he still rides hard.

Two of my uncles have Cats. They have had clutch and shock problems, but nothing too bad. Crap cats. No just kidding. The only reason they have had problems is because they don't take very good care of their sleds. And my uncle with Polaris has had the most problems actually. That probly cuz he goes out and buys a cheap CHEAP used sled and doesn't maintain it. He had a 93 XLT 600, and he has had to redo the suspension and rebuild the engine twice. He just won't buy a new sled and I don't know why. The new Polarises are much better than the old ones in my opinion, especially w/ their new engines.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
yeah, maintenance probobly has more to do with it than anything else.

when all else has been done and said, you best look out for Mr.Oysterhead!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts