Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys got a question for ya. i have been running a marked fuel in my yamaha mountain maxes and all my other older carbed sleds with out a problem (our marked is 92 octane with no ethanol) now we are the new owners of an 07 M8 and according to our local dealers they say that the die gums the engines up and not to use it. what do you guys think? i am just really un sure at this point as i have had no problems in around 10 years with this stuff. sorry for long post as well.
Thanks guys :D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Yes, the dye will clog up the pilot jets and eventually the mains as it adheres to the brass.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ive been running C16 fuel in my sled for a long time and have changed the main jets many times and are always clean. I could see after a very long time the jets clogging up but I dont think its something to really worry about.

·
Registered
288 Posts
well carburated sleds it shouldn't be a problem because you can clean the carbs but with the M8 being EFI i don't really know how it would work. i really dont think marked gas is a big deal alot of my friends run it and they don't have problems

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that was my biggest concern is we are new to the EFI thing :p so any info is appreciated :D i did find an article from a dealer north of here and it says dyed fuel would have little to no effect other than discoloration of the bowl. but keep it coming :D would like to know more :D

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I'm thinking this dyed (aka offroad-only) fuel will get quite popular if it's widely available...

I'll clean my Carbs/EFI more often if I can get that..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
I'm thinking this dyed (aka offroad-only) fuel will get quite popular if it's widely available...

I'll clean my Carbs/EFI more often if I can get that..
x2

ive never even heard of this dyed (off road) gas, I ve seen dyed diesel but not gas.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya in my town here they call it Marine Gas. all it is is high octane with a pink dye in it for less than regular price. so we have been running it for years :p

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wish we had some of that where i'm at but sadly...we don't[Disappointed] Anyways, i'm sure it would be fine the only thing i would do is add a little bit of sea-foam to each tank to keep it from sludging things up, not much just an ounce or 2 would do, that way you don't have to worry about it, mostly a peace of mind/preventative maintenance thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts