Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this is pretty interesting results!! for alot of people who were wondering about how much it weights, etc well there you go!

[attachment=54536]

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
The yamaha attack must be a pritty wicked machine, it weights 666 lb.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The Dragon and Blizzard look okay.

Holy crap, those FSTs and F1000s are heavier than I figured they would be.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Looks to me, for the most part, sleds aren't any lighter then sleds of ten years ago.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Here are the sled wieghts sorted by lowest to highest. Remember, these are wieghted totaly gassed up and with some models, that can be a three gallon difference or more.

[attachment=54595]

Attachments

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That is why I don't agree with comparing sleds that have fuel in them. Wet with no fuel would be the best way to do it but at least this way a guy is able to see what kind of weight they are throwing around every time they get on to ride their sled. I would not use these numbers for comparison purposes though...unless you're looking for the absolute lightest, ready to go, sled.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Erick, do you leave the gas station with the sled on empty or full?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Ok, here is the graph that also indicates the gas capicity of each sled and the wieghts if they all had even amount of fuel in them.

[attachment=54598]

Attachments

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I'm not saying I don't ride without fuel. What I'm saying is, because of the different capacities, there are changing variables, so the best way to compare them is to do it without any fuel. This will give you the most accurate way of telling which manufacturer did their homework and honestly made the sled light instead of just slapping on a smaller gas tank.

For out the door weights though, fully wet is the way to go. I'm not arguing with that, I'm just saying it comes down to being an unfair comparison if you're using those numbers to compare different brands of sleds.

Edit: Thanks for the fuel capacity listing. It helps out quite a bit to see which sleds are truly lighter than others.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The 600 IQ is really light!! Under 540lbs with fuel. No wonder the thing is a rocket.
Looking at that chart makes me realize only one manufacturer delivered on the light weight department. That would be Polaris :)
I thought Some of the Cats would be really light, eg. Sno-Pro's.... But they are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
just goes to show ya all the bragging about being lighter ,ha looks like maybe even heavier,and i do know one thing ,my ol 96 zrt 600 ,i can man handle it out of a ditch ,try that on a newer sled will have to get a crane out

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Ski-Doo looks to be fairly light, too. They are the only one to have an 800cc sled under the average of 608 lbs.

I am also really surprised that the Cats aren't lighter.

Look at the difference between the 600 HO and 600 HO CFI. That makes more difference than I figured it would.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
The 600 HO CFI holds a gallon more fuel and the extra components of the CFI system make up a few pound difference.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
^^^

http://www.maximumsled.com/absolutenl/maxbits_subscribe.htm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts