Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did something stupid when I set up the new server. I created only a 15 meg boot partition. There is no room for another kernel image on there so I have to replace it with the new one straight out and hope it boots up from the new kernel. If so, we'll be up and running with only a few minutes downtime. If it doesn't boot up...it may be many hours. Just want to let everyone know.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
any projections on about what time your planning on doing the work?

·
Registered
284 Posts
good luck with that... By the way was the site down for a couple of hours a couple days ago? I couldnt get on like all afternoon...

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, it's done. Only a few small problems but it's fixed.

Oh, and no, I don't think the site was down a couple of days ago at all.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
that was wicked fast! I didn't even notice it at all, I was working out on my treadmill ( got nothing else to do cuz this winter blows so far, so might as well do something productive )

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Erick, I wasn't able to log on for a while so I guess I felt the 'downtime'.. but checked other sites to kill time 'till SF wa back on. Great job man.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I hate it when there is no room for another kernel. Job fixing whatever wasnt working right.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
lol i see thats why i got cut off last night i went to post and bam there was nothing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts