Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MBRP Race Can off a 2003 800SKS that a friend of mine wants to buy for his 2002 700XCSP. Will this one work. MBRP list a different part number and said the back pressure will be different and to watch my plugs.. Anybody try one from a 800 to a 700.. They both look the same just the guts may be different.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Don't double post. I'm locking the other one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for double posting, just trying to get a reasponse, thought the other area would have better luck.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Just me talking here, but I don't think anybody's going to know for sure if you can take a can from a different engine, different year and maybe different chassis and make a go of it. At least not a performance go of it. Again, just an opinion, I don't really know, but, I wouldn't try it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same chassis but different engine size. I am more conserned about back pressure than any performance gain. You can not fell 2-3 hp . Sound more than anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both edge chassis, both will interchange - the only difference between them is the 800 has a larger core for more airflow, I run an 800 MBRP on my ProX 700 with no jetting changes. I emailed MBRP before I put it on to find out the difference, they just recommended checking the plugs regularly to be sure it was not running lean. You should not run the 500-700 can on the 800 though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks polarisfreak954 that was what I was thinking that the 800 flowed a little more. Well all we can do is check it on the trail. He is running everything stock so this may lean it out to where it should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts