Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since most people are staying at the whispering pines motel is that going to be the meeting spot? what time are people getting out of bed?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'm an early riser, jump on the sled about sunrise or so! that is assuming its an early night and no late night poker games. Just a thought!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I'm hoping that I'm going to get up at a reasonable time on Saturday morning. I want to make the most out of that weekend. Have to use what little time I have to the fullest extent. I guess it all depends upon what happens around the place on Friday night. I know quite a few of us will be there so it's hard to say what will happen. I'm not really much of a drinker so I won't be up half the night drinking and waking up with a hangover on Saturday. [:D]

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I'm an early riser when it comes to riding, even if I have been up till 2 the night before. We will be targeting to be riding by 8 in my book, earlier if possible. Once the post about who's going and where people are staying has been up a couple more days, we will put together a game plan of where to meet. My gut tells me right now that the gas station in Finland may be the spot. As of right now it looks like there will be 20 or so of us that will be leaving from whispering pines.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Riding by 8 sounds good to me. I'm an earlier riser if sledding is in the air. I won't be able to sleep anyways because of the excitement. Last weekend we were on the sleds by 7:00 A.M. and finally stepped off for the day at 7:00 P.M.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
8am sounds good. I think any earlier and it would be hard to get everyone rounded up. Especially with the drinking that'll happen friday night lol! Erick has a good point about not being able to sleep. We are going up friday morning and plan to do some final tuning friday so we arn't wrenching on the trails. The local snow has been non-existant so we havn't had much days for tuning and we have 3 new sleds and a fully rebuilt sled in our group this year (and they are all 440s!). Don't be alarmed, mine is running great and the other two are real close but not perfect yet.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
8:00 probably works best as is not super light until 7:30 or so, anyway! Yea we left for the shore last weekend at like 5:30 am and I could only sleep until 4:00 wanted to hit the road!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Well I finished up my gas rack on the back of my sled. So now I have an official 7.5 gallons total I ride with. I have room on the back for a bigger tank if I can find the perfect shape. Right now it is a 2.5 and I think I could get a 3.5 to fit on there really well if it was the right shape.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The gas station in Finland would be fine. Greasemonkey and his buddy, along with our group of 6 will ride down from Isabella. So is 8:00am the meeting time at the gas station?

If you want to meet up with us in Isabella John, and ride down together, let me know.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by DITCH-BANGER
[br]The gas station in Finland would be fine. Greasemonkey and his buddy, along with our group of 6 will ride down from Isabella. So is 8:00am the meeting time at the gas station?

If you want to meet up with us in Isabella John, and ride down together, let me know.
Ditchbanger, that sounds fine with me. Mnsledneck can hook up with us too. He is staying at the Pines. We can meet up with you at the cafe at about 7:00 or 7:30 and still be in Finland by 8:00 It will be just me on fri. and maybe Jeff with us on sat. He might be bringing his Daughter up so he doesn,t know if he will be rideing with us yet. See you up there, John

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Sounds like a plan! 8:00 gas station in finland. Hey is anyone going to ride on friday, i'm hoping to up there by like 8:00am friday morning. I will have check with my buddy but as of right now we will be up there early on friday morning!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Sorry sledneck, I just read your older post and I thought you were staying at the Knotted pines but I guese you are at the Whispering pines.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Originally posted by MNSLEDNECK56308
[br]Sounds like a plan! 8:00 gas station in finland. Hey is anyone going to ride on friday, i'm hoping to up there by like 8:00am friday morning. I will have check with my buddy but as of right now we will be up there early on friday morning!
I am planning to ride friday afternoon. I will be up there around noon and should be ready to ride by one.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
My schedule is the same as Darkstars. My group plans on getting the bugs worked out in the sleds and the final tuning tweaks on friday.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Between 7:00 and 7:30 at the Cafe sounds good. See you then.

Just you on Friday? Are you showing anyone around? Not sure what we are doing yet, gotta talk to the rest of the guys in our group.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Ditchbanger, 2SE has to work fri. and sat. so he is bummed. Jeff has to work fri. so it will be just me on fri. I was planning on takeing a group out but no one except Deano has said anything. Don.t know how many will be there fri. so we will play it by ear and see what happens.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
We will be there mid afternoon Thursday so everyone in my group, includin myself, would probably go with you on Friday morning greasemonkey. It sounds like you know the area? You can take us around?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]We will be there mid afternoon Thursday so everyone in my group, includin myself, would probably go with you on Friday morning greasemonkey. It sounds like you know the area? You can take us around?
No problem Erick. We can ride the trails or off trail. Let me know what everyone wants to do. The traffic on the trails will be pretty heavy on sat. I will meet everyone at the Finland co op gas station at 8:00 on fri. See you there.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Grease, Erick,we should be up there by 8:00 am! As of today, one guy added to our group so there will be 3 of us. Yea trails on friday usually are good up there, even the dreaded state trail. So friday 8:00 gas station as well. Is there only one gas station in finland? I haven't been up to finland since last year! We will roll into the whisper around 7:30!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts