Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sounds like you got a group of guys to ride with, didn't want you to ride alone. 4 in our group is going up thursday evening and 2 are arriving early Friday morning. I am thinking we wouldn't get going until like 9:30 or so on friday. [:(]. Friday we will ride some trail, then maybe head north east of the Trestle.

It's to bad about the warm temps hurting the ice conditions up there. We like to ride some of the creeks and rivers. Some open water is a blast. . . . but to much is not safe. Looks like the Baptism river is out for next weekend. Even on a good year that can be iffy in spots.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
There are two gas stations but they are right next to each other. I one I am talking about is the first one on the right as you come into town. I think it's a Mobil.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Make sure someone brings a camera and likes to use it!!! I'm sure a lot of us on here would love to see this trip.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is there going to be a designation for "snowmobile fanatics"? I'm actually going to Isabella which is just a bit North of Finland that weekend. How can we find everyone?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by ssindyman
[br]BTW...anyone else going to be in Isabella?
Where in Isabella are you staying? I keep a trailer at the Knotted Pines in the winter. Look me up if you are staying there, John

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by Gnarly_Boots
[br]Make sure someone brings a camera and likes to use it!!! I'm sure a lot of us on here would love to see this trip.
I ALWAYS have a camera with. Have taken 5 rolls of film already this winter. There will be lots of pics. taken.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
[br]Is there going to be a designation for "snowmobile fanatics"? I'm actually going to Isabella which is just a bit North of Finland that weekend. How can we find everyone?
Not that I know of. Look for the Snowmobile Fanatics stickers I guess. I should get some big ones made up for the side of my buddies truck or something.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I think at least my sled, erick's sled, and iqsledneck's sled will stand out. There usually isn't any IQ "440"'s in the area i'm sure!

I will hopefully get some helmetcam footage.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Originally posted by ripperd
[br]I think at least my sled, erick's sled, and iqsledneck's sled will stand out. There usually isn't any IQ "440"'s in the area i'm sure!

I will hopefully get some helmetcam footage.
You might be able to notice my sled too [:D]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Our group is staying in Isablla behind the Stony River cafe. Are you staying at the Mooseridge?

Hey Greasemonkey, where are you taking the guys? Maybe we could meet up later in the day somewhere, like Four Seasons or the Trestle?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by DITCH-BANGER
[br]
Our group is staying in Isablla behind the Stony River cafe. Are you staying at the Mooseridge?

Hey Greasemonkey, where are you taking the guys? Maybe we could meet up later in the day somewhere, like Four Seasons or the Trestle?
DB, It depends on what everyone wants to do. Was thinking of some trail and some offtrail . If alot of them haven,t been up there before They will have to see the overlook on the Moosewalk. Maybe the Heffelfinger and Cloquet lake roads are in order. Anybody have any Specific places they want to go on Friday? If so let me know. We could all meet up at the Four Seasons for lunch or whereever you want.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I don't care where you take us greasemonkey. None of us have been in the area. A mixture of on and off trail riding would be fun. We have groomed trails here though, so unless it's something spectacular, off trail riding would be prefered...at elast for our smaller group on Friday. We could meet up back at Finland about noon or so for the others to come with like Darkstar, etc.

As for pictures. I'll have plenty. I'm bringing my laptop as well. My camera has a 1 GB memory chip in it so when that is full (usually 300 pictures) I'll just dump them on the computer and start over. But, if I have that many pictures when am I going to find time to ride?? [:)]

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by PhazerBoy
[br]I have another stupid Question,what direction is the run going to take?,Trail??Some from my group are going to be late.
Phazerboy, We will probally head north to northwest on fri. If any of your buddies that are going to be late have a Vorizion phone , it will work up there. No other cell phone service in that area. We will have to get back to a gas station by noon anyhow for fuel and Finland is the closest.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]I don't care where you take us greasemonkey. None of us have been in the area. A mixture of on and off trail riding would be fun. We have groomed trails here though, so unless it's something spectacular, off trail riding would be prefered...at elast for our smaller group on Friday. We could meet up back at Finland about noon or so for the others to come with like Darkstar, etc.

As for pictures. I'll have plenty. I'm bringing my laptop as well. My camera has a 1 GB memory chip in it so when that is full (usually 300 pictures) I'll just dump them on the computer and start over. But, if I have that many pictures when am I going to find time to ride?? [:)]
Erick, How many people are planning to ride on fri. Just wondering. We will do some nice trail rideing .If the trails are groomed , they are fast and fun. If they are not groomed, we will get off of them as soon as we can and play on some logging roads and some old time trail rideing. Great scenic routes either way.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yes, we should try and meet up, also someone should swing back around the whispering pines area for ripper and dark they were thinking they will be there around noon. Just an idea! Yea SS if you are in the area you will notice the sleds!! Most are custom!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well maybe we can meet up at the Four Seasons around 1:00 on Friday afternoon. Sounds like some are getting a later start, so they can meet us there too. If that works for everyone?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
All of this sounds great. A nice mixture of trail and off-trail riding definitely sounds like a good time. I'd also like to get some nice scenic shots to bring back. Like Erick, I'll have my laptop to download the camera into.

I won't be getting up there until about mid afternoon on Friday. I'd like to be out of here by 8 a.m. at the latest. I have to make sure my oldest gets her butt out the door for school, then I'll be on the road. Mapquest says it's a 6 hour trip for me, but I'll have to stop someplace and pick up my trail permit.

Since I'm sure that anyone that gets there before me will already be out on the trails, I figured that I'll just venture out and take a look at the local riding and get a lay of the land.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by 95XCR600
[br]All of this sounds great. A nice mixture of trail and off-trail riding definitely sounds like a good time. I'd also like to get some nice scenic shots to bring back. Like Erick, I'll have my laptop to download the camera into.

I won't be getting up there until about mid afternoon on Friday. I'd like to be out of here by 8 a.m. at the latest. I have to make sure my oldest gets her butt out the door for school, then I'll be on the road. Mapquest says it's a 6 hour trip for me, but I'll have to stop someplace and pick up my trail permit.

Since I'm sure that anyone that gets there before me will already be out on the trails, I figured that I'll just venture out and take a look at the local riding and get a lay of the land.
Yoy can get your trail permit anywhere that sells hunting or fishing licsence. Most of the gas stations in the Two Harbors or Finland area have the permits.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts