Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Sounds like it is all coming together nicely! I'll have to talk to my buds to see how their sleds are running to see if I want to hook up on friday. If we still have tuning to do we will probably stop fairly often.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey dean what time we leaving on friday? I picked up a 99 indy 500 to, very clean sled

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I'm game for some off trail riding on Friday. If you all want to meet at whispering pines around 1, we can head out from there. I plan on sitting down tonight to plan out a trail ride for Saturday. If anyone has some thoughts on where we should go, just let me know.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Just checked the dreaded forcast, Friday 33 and rain for the Shore lets hope that changes, Saturday looks good 28 and snow! That would be about our luck in this great state!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Ya, here is the current forecast for Isabella, MN:

Friday: A slight chance of snow or rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.

Friday Night: A slight chance of snow or freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 23.

Saturday: A chance of snow or rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 32.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of snow or freezing drizzle. Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 30.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I just checked the forecast as well. Between today and tomorrow 2-5 inches. My forecast showed Snow for Friday, Satruday and Sunday. Keep them Fingers, Toes and Eyes crossed.

4 days to go.... I am going to try to convince my buddy to leave at 6 instead of 8 so we could be there as early as 10:00...hmmm now that I think about it I may try to get a room for Thursday night.....

Forest roads sound like a great way to spend friday and I certainly want to make it to the overlook on Moosewalk. I went up there once but it was almost dark.

I will be talking with Greasemonkey tonight to work out a game plan for Saturday's ride. Maybe we could try to get a chat going online if people wanted to discuss the weekend.... Erick or anyone have ideas on organizing an online chat???

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I can try set up some sort of chat. We can get something going for tonight or tomorrow night probably so people have notice.

I hope the rain in the forecast goes away, at least the freezing drizzle. That stuff is HORRIBLE to ride in. I wish it would be sunny and a high of 28 or something of that nature. Perfect riding. It looks like only four of us will be coming from here now. I heard one guy rolled his sled last weekend and another is backing out for reasons unknown. I have to call today to confirm our room reservations. We should try get something planned up for Saturday and Sunday as well...even if it's just a meeting place for breakfast or something we could go from there.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
chat Tomorrow night would be best for me, Tonight i will be in the garage! waxing and polishing for the weekend! As well as getting some cosmetic things on the sled!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Tonight would work best for me. I will not be home until after 8 tomorrow night. I got all my cleanup and cosmetic additions done this weekend and will be doing a once or twice over between now and thursday. I have a pc in the garage so I can wrench and chat at the same time [:D]

·
Registered
459 Posts
One idea for the Saturday group SF ride could be to ride a few trails around Finland (M trail and others). Then take either the North Shore trail to the Trestle or the powerline trail, which hooks up with the logging roads to the Trestle. Then fuel, eat and split into groups, and meet up again later at the Four Seasons. There is a number of directions you can go from the Trestle to explore logging roads. Just an idea.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Ditch, that sounds like a good plan! Yea i would have had my stuff done but i had to watch my kids as my wife was working all weekend, So therefore i have squeeze them in this week! Fun fun! nothing major just a raising up the bars a little, mountain bar, and some diamond plate work! Hopefully they are done by thur. when i leave, if not oh well. Still works fine!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I agree that sounds like a good plan for Saturday, We just need to make sure we have enough people who know where they are going on the forest roads and powerlines. As of right now I count about 35 people coming. I would say we would want to break this down into a minimum of 3 groups. 4-5 groups would be best IMO. In this scenario, people who want to stay on trail would be able to and then meet the group.

Ditchbanger and Greasemonkey are you guys able to be in on an online chat?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I will second the 4-5 groups but we will on the offical count when the time comes. If we can keep the groups less than 10 that would be great! 7-8 usually works best, but we can see!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]I agree that sounds like a good plan for Saturday, We just need to make sure we have enough people who know where they are going on the forest roads and powerlines. As of right now I count about 35 people coming. I would say we would want to break this down into a minimum of 3 groups. 4-5 groups would be best IMO. In this scenario, people who want to stay on trail would be able to and then meet the group.

Ditchbanger and Greasemonkey are you guys able to be in on an online chat?
Darkstar, Just name the time and I will be online.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Darkstar, We have high speed at home, and I can be online tonight, I might have to kick my wife off. [:)] 7:00-9:00 works best for me.

I talked to a couple friends from our group, and at least one other guy in our group besides me can lead an off trail ride (maybe 3 of us). So if we have at least 3 guides for 35 people, that makes 11-12 per group. Maybe some don't want to ride anything but trail, which is fine, then that would make the groups smaller. I guess we can decide at that time.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
In the Daily forcast update for the fourm ride, it doesn't look good! High of 38 on friday!!! wow! and then 33 for saturday! Please blow a cold front in before friday!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well the weather in the Isabella area can be real different than the rest of the north shore. Right greasemonky? Here is what weather.com says for that area. I at least hope this is somewhat accurate. [:)]

[attachment=24063]

Attachments

41 - 60 of 78 Posts