Snowmobile Fanatics banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
We don,t want the sun. Thats why the snow has stayed as good as it has because the sun hasn,t been shineing. Warm temps. are fine.
Don,t believe the weatherman on the Isabella weather. The forcast is for the arrowhead reagon. It is always different in the Isabella and Finland area. We are 1800 feet above sea level up there.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
All right folks, Here is the "Official" Info for Friday:

All of those that are arriving on thursday night, I believe will be riding with Greasemonkey on friday morning. He is going to take a loop out and then back to finland for lunch at the Four Seasons, around 1pm. It is the first place on your right as you come into finland I believe.

At that point those of us coming up Friday morning, that want to meet up for an afternoon ride, can meet there for lunch. We plan to ride til around dark. For Friday evening, I think the Whispering Pines does a bonfire every night, so I think we should plan to gather there for the evening.

As for Saturday's ride, there will be an online chat tonight for those going on the trip, at 8pm tonight. I will be sending a Private Message to each of you with the link to the chat. If you dont get the info just PM me.

For those that cant make the chat tonight, just plan on meeting at the gas stations in Finland on Saturday morning at 8am. We will wait til 9am at the latest. Once we have an idea of where we will be for lunch I will add that to this post as a last spot for people to meet up with us.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I can be online tonight at 8:00.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
hey guys, I think that me and a buddy are going to be in the area on friday to do some riding. Was wonderin if we could ride with you guys of friday. Should be up in the area either thursday night or early friday mornning. I see you guys are meeting at the gas station at 8 am, let me know~

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by prox420
[br]hey guys, I think that me and a buddy are going to be in the area on friday to do some riding. Was wonderin if we could ride with you guys of friday. Should be up in the area either thursday night or early friday mornning. I see you guys are meeting at the gas station at 8 am, let me know~
Its open to everyone, so be at the Finland co-op at 8:00 A.M. on fri. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
and last but not least.......... We have a plan for Saturday.

Everyone will be meeting at 8am at the gas stations in Finland. I'm sure it wont be too hard to find the group. We will wait there until we know that we have everyone or until 9am which ever comes first. After much discussion we have decided to try to ride as one group on the power-lines from Finland to Isabella. We are going to gas up in Isabella and then we will venture off trail from there. We will break up the group at this point if necessary. Once again after much discussion, we decided it would be easiest if people brought something with them to snack on for lunch. We will stop off in the wilderness somewhere. We just felt that it would take a lot of our riding time if we stopped somewhere as a group of 40 for lunch. We will eventually make our way back to the Four Seasons in Finland for Dinner around 5. After dinner we will make our way back to Whispering Pines for a bonfire and festivities. It would be cool if those staying in Isabella would come down for the bonfire as well... We didn't discuss that last night..

We will plan Sunday's riding on Saturday night.

Something that did not get discussed last night is a Second meeting spot for anyone that misses us at the gas station in Finland. I think we should make that second spot, Isabella. However, I am not sure how long it is going to take us to get from Finland to Isabella via the power-line. So I will tentatively say 11am in Isabella. It will take us awhile to get gas there since it is a single pump gas station.

Now I know this plan is a deviation from the "original" plan. It appeared that most(if not all) of the group wanted to do mostly off trail type riding, so this is what we came up with. If anyone that wasn't able to make it last night has any concerns with this plan PLEASE let me know. I know there might be a few that would prefer to trail ride and I think we have someone willing to lead that group, if needed.

The goal is to make this fun for everyone so once again, if you have any concerns, PLEASE let me know. Remember if you miss us at any of the meeting spots, you will certainly find us at Whispering Pines in the evening.

Have a safe trip everyone!!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Sounds good to me! I agree 100% with the pack your lunch, there is no way the stony river cafe could feed all of us in a timely manner if we all show up at once.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Anticipation is a killer!!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
so i orderd some new pilot jets a week and a half ago. I go to pick them up and thy guy hands me one jet. I asked where the other one was, and he said sorry man, there is only one. the soonest i can get one is tuesday. ITs a pilot jet for my pro x, a number 40. i was planning on coming up to ride on friday, but without that jet im sort of screwed. I f any of you going have one or know where to get one any help would be appreciated. I checked Hopkins hitching post.. who suck, Tri K in maple plain, and Delano Sports. nothing

·
Registered
85 Posts
pro power sports in anoka?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
It should run reguardless. 40's seem pretty rich for an 01 prox, fan or liquid. It is going to be fairly warm this weekend. Stock on the liquid was 22.5. Why are you buying 40's? I'm not gonna be checking this again before I leave so hunt me down up there and I will have them in my kit on my back. I will be riding the 04 proxr 440 #521 in the group.

EDIT: I take that back. I only have the 32.5 pilots that are the long type that go into the TMX34 carbs that are on the liquids. If yours is a fan I don't have anything for it.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Ah ok. You could try the 32.5's and just close the pilot screw a bunch. It should still run OK. I almost took the 40's out of mine and put in the 32.5's because of how much it loads up at idle. But I opened the air screw some and raised the idle and it cleared up some. But anyway, this really is my last post, later guys!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts