Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Disappointed]Polaris Snowmobiles will be manufactured in Mexico, and American jobs will be lost again! Sorry this kind of stuff really burns me since 1/3 of my manufacturer has moved to Mexico. Many of my good friends no longer are working because of that. The Saltillo valley is famous for luring companys in as brokers supply the workforce etc. I was thinking about buying a "Rush" but now Polaris can stick it! BIG credit to Arctic Cat for moving their engine manufacturing from Japan to Minnesota! That wil be my new machine!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Polaris snowmobiles will remain in MN. Victory motorcycles and some of the ATV line will be going south. Guess where arctic cats suzuki motors,yamahas and BRPs sleds are made? Not in USA! I would rather have Japan then Mexico though,I read a article about it and polaris is going to have strict quality tolerances while across the border. When you have a retard running our country you unfortunately have to go else wheres for product manufacturing to save costs.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would find it rather stupid of Polaris to move a 'snow' sport to a country that doesnt have any. They would have to spend big $$ to ship proto-type machines back and forth for testing and so on. Besides that, would anyone buy a sled made in mexico? I wouldn't.[;)]

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
stevegoetsch said:
[Disappointed][highlight=red]Polaris Snowmobiles will be manufactured in Mexico[/highlight=red], and American jobs will be lost again! Sorry this kind of stuff really burns me since 1/3 of my manufacturer has moved to Mexico. Many of my good friends no longer are working because of that. The Saltillo valley is famous for luring companys in as brokers supply the workforce etc. I was thinking about buying a "Rush" but now Polaris can stick it! BIG credit to Arctic Cat for moving their engine manufacturing from Japan to Minnesota! That wil be my new machine!
Obviously you have no insight or in the know of what is going to be built at the Mexico Polaris factory and why, as RMK-KING stated they will be building ATV's, Victory motorcycles, and also other light duty machinery, the reason is for logistics and shipping to south America and other western countries, the majority of Polaris' sled sales are in the northern states of the US and Canada, so for sure they would not build them in Mexico and have the costs of shipping them all they way back to the northern states and Canada where they are used, this information has been out in the public for months now and it is very well known that all sled manufacturing will still be done in Roseau, there was a very detailed thread over on HCS earlier this summer detailing everything that is going on, including the closing of the Iowa and Wisconsin plants, you need to know the FACTS before you make a statement, and as for Cats move in 2015 to start making their own engines that is all good but Cat will still be having a close relationship with Suzuki in the research and development of their new engine lines.

1,792 Posts
trailjunkie said:
I would find it rather stupid of Polaris to move a 'snow' sport to a country that doesnt have any. They would [highlight=yellow]have to spend big $$ to ship proto-type machines back and forth for testing and so on * [/highlight=yellow]. Besides that, would [highlight=magenta]anyone buy a sled made in mexico ** [/highlight=magenta]? I wouldn't.[;)]
* Not necessarily. You could do all the R&D here or Canada and just build the actual sleds in Mexico.

** Why not? Idiots here bought Yugoslavian cars in the 80's, and some think Korean cars are the cat's meow [Disappointed] And when the day comes that cheap Chinese made cars are sold here, you can bet 20-something women will buy them! So STILL - why would you BUY an ATV or cycle made in Mexico ??? I guess it's up to individual consumers to put their foot down so the jobs come back.

Now adays, all the Japanese electronics are built in Malaysia and China. [:(!] Personally, I would LOVE to go back to the time when the US, Japan, and Germany were THE sources of great products (which was as recent as the early 90's)! Now, you can't buy a fishing reel (except Ardent) made in the US or Japan - Zebco's are made cheaply in China. [:(!] I had to buy older Zebcos off Ebay in order to get some good closed-faced reels last year. (sorry about the digress!)

RMK-KING said:
When you have a retard running our country you unfortunately have to go else wheres for product manufacturing to save costs.
That's not the only retard we have to deal with! For example, there's another who quickly comes to mind who is Speaker of the House and has the initials N.P.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
RMK-KING said:
Polaris snowmobiles will remain in MN. Victory motorcycles and some of the ATV line will be going south. Guess where arctic cats suzuki motors,yamahas and BRPs sleds are made? Not in USA! I would rather have Japan then Mexico though,I read a article about it and polaris is going to have strict quality tolerances while across the border. When you have a retard running our country you unfortunately have to go else wheres for product manufacturing to save costs.
And of course unions have a great deal to do with this also who Mr. Potato Head totally backs. I don't know if this is the case with Polaris, but it sure is for a great deal of manufactuers in the U. S.

MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
trailjunkie said:
I would find it rather stupid of Polaris to move a 'snow' sport to a country that doesnt have any. They would [highlight=yellow]have to spend big $$ to ship proto-type machines back and forth for testing and so on * [/highlight=yellow]. Besides that, would [highlight=magenta]anyone buy a sled made in mexico ** [/highlight=magenta]? I wouldn't.[;)]
* Not necessarily. You could do all the R&D here or Canada and just build the actual sleds in Mexico.

** Why not? Idiots here bought Yugoslavian cars in the 80's, and some think Korean cars are the cat's meow [Disappointed] And when the day comes that cheap Chinese made cars are sold here, you can bet 20-something women will buy them! So STILL - why would you BUY an ATV or cycle made in Mexico ??? I guess it's up to individual consumers to put their foot down so the jobs come back.

Now adays, all the Japanese electronics are built in Malaysia and China. [:(!] Personally, I would LOVE to go back to the time when the US, Japan, and Germany were THE sources of great products (which was as recent as the early 90's)! Now, you can't buy a fishing reel (except Ardent) made in the US or Japan - Zebco's are made cheaply in China. [:(!] I had to buy older Zebcos off Ebay in order to get some good closed-faced reels last year. (sorry about the digress!)

RMK-KING said:
When you have a retard running our country you unfortunately have to go else wheres for product manufacturing to save costs.
That's not the only retard we have to deal with! For example, there's another who quickly comes to mind who is Speaker of the House and has the initials N.P.
I'm glad you didn't say the name. It makes want to puke when ever I see that dried up trout.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Old news...... Our country is pretty much forcing the manufactors to do this. Not all unions ruin business. Some are made to go union or not get jobs(ie. construction)

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
trailjunkie said:

RMK-KING said:
[highlight=red]That's not the only retard we have to deal with! For example, there's another who quickly comes to mind who is Speaker of the House and has the initials N.P.[/highlight=red]
Not only that wench, but retard number 2 in line J.B. as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
98700xc said:
stevegoetsch said:
[Disappointed][highlight=red]Polaris Snowmobiles will be manufactured in Mexico[/highlight=red], and American jobs will be lost again! Sorry this kind of stuff really burns me since 1/3 of my manufacturer has moved to Mexico. Many of my good friends no longer are working because of that. The Saltillo valley is famous for luring companys in as brokers supply the workforce etc. I was thinking about buying a "Rush" but now Polaris can stick it! BIG credit to Arctic Cat for moving their engine manufacturing from Japan to Minnesota! That wil be my new machine!
Obviously you have no insight or in the know of what is going to be built at the Mexico Polaris factory and why, as RMK-KING stated they will be building ATV's, Victory motorcycles, and also other light duty machinery, the reason is for logistics and shipping to south America and other western countries, the majority of Polaris' sled sales are in the northern states of the US and Canada, so for sure they would not build them in Mexico and have the costs of shipping them all they way back to the northern states and Canada where they are used, this information has been out in the public for months now and it is very well known that all sled manufacturing will still be done in Roseau, there was a very detailed thread over on HCS earlier this summer detailing everything that is going on, including the closing of the Iowa and Wisconsin plants, you need to know the FACTS before you make a statement, and as for Cats move in 2015 to start making their own engines that is all good but Cat will still be having a close relationship with Suzuki in the research and development of their new engine lines.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
stevegoetsch said:
[Disappointed]Polaris Snowmobiles will be manufactured in Mexico, and American jobs will be lost again! Sorry this kind of stuff really burns me since 1/3 of my manufacturer has moved to Mexico. Many of my good friends no longer are working because of that. The Saltillo valley is famous for luring companys in as brokers supply the workforce etc. I was thinking about buying a "Rush" but now Polaris can stick it! BIG credit to Arctic Cat for moving their engine manufacturing from Japan to Minnesota! That wil be my new machine!
Its old news and also WRONG. Its the ATV's and Victories.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
stevegoetsch said:
Have fun on your new Cat. Nothing wrong with them but you've got your facts all F-ed up and if you ask me, there isn't a cat on the planet with the ride of a rush. I don't really feel like getting into logistics with you, but outsourcing isn't anything new. Guess where chev trucks come from (a large percentage)...MEXICO.
It cracks me up when guys piss and moan that new sleds are 10 or 15 grand, then bitch that the big four go out of the country for cheaper labor.

In a perfect world all of our products would be made in the USA. Go ahead and wish in one hand, sh*t in the other, then let me know which one fills up first.

Again, enjoy the cat even though the rush was on your list. [Disappointed]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
stevegoetsch said:
Have fun on your new Cat. Nothing wrong with them but you've got your facts all F-ed up and if you ask me, there isn't a cat on the planet with the ride of a rush. I don't really feel like getting into logistics with you, but outsourcing isn't anything new. Guess where chev trucks come from (a large percentage)...MEXICO.
It cracks me up when guys piss and moan that new sleds are 10 or 15 grand, then bitch that the big four go out of the country for cheaper labor.

In a perfect world all of our products would be made in the USA. Go ahead and wish in one hand, sh*t in the other, then let me know which one fills up first.

I dont think this even true Adam. I think he saw the article of the ATV's moving and got jumpy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Read September 2010 page 18, of Snow Tech Magazine to see if information is incorrect!

98700xc said:
stevegoetsch said:
Read September 2010, page 18 of SnowTech Magazine

Dragon700 said:
stevegoetsch said:
Its old news and also WRONG. Its the ATV's and Victories.
Read Sept. 2010 SnoTech Magazine, page 18.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's brought 2 my attention that obama stands for OUR BIG ASS MISTAKE AMERICA?!!!! And it's also brought 2 my attention that THIS TOPIC IS BULLSHATTTT![:0]

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Who cares if it is just the ATV division and not the snowmobile operation that crossed the boarder!... It is yet another corporation that has fled the restrictive grasp of big government and unions. I don't know to what degree unions may have to do with it in Polaris's case, but you can sure bet the Obama mentality has had something to do with it( You are a capitalist corporation who makes a profit, so we will punish you). ( Can you blame anyone for trying to reduce costs to give the public a better product. The more money a company can save, the more they can profit and therefore have more money to invest in R&D and still pass savings on to the consumer.
Trust me, their quality will not deminish, it may even improve. They will have high qualified people working for them. I assume most will be U.S. workers with some qualified mexican workers involved.
I would buy a product made by that division as long as it is ran by Americans, you can bet your darn life on it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
A little birdie told me that Polaris engine manufacturing is moving out of the country, because the EPA has tighter restrictions on US built engines, than imported engines.

I dunno the factuality of that, but it is feasible.

Personally though, if they are taking that step, why wouldn't they just go back to Fuji who mads some good engines.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Dragon700 said:
sledneck1978 said:
stevegoetsch said:

I dont think this even true Adam. I think he saw the article of the ATV's moving and got jumpy.
Agree bro[;)]...he keeps quoting a page of a mag, why not cut and paste it from somewhere. If it where true it would be documented somewhere else too. I read about the atv thing (can't remember where) and while it didn't make me happy it also didn't make me run out and burn all my polaris stuff either. This guy sounds like hippie. Some people think when things are done to lower overhead it's always the evil CEO's and whatnot but that's not always true...sometimes it's to keep the doors open on a company until things get better on US soil. It's kinda retarded to rant about this without stating the facts, details on the plant closing (which I still don't think is goin on). That just jarred my memory, I remember seeing the [24pt]ATV[/24pt] plant closing on one of the tv news programs. I should rephrase that, not plant closing, but it was a certain division, so the plant is still open or at least it was then. If the guy who started this is getting all his info from snotech that's fine but he needs to realize how behind the eightball sled mags are. I think I read about the Feb governers ride in MN in the June issue for example.

So Jake, you better make sure you get a 2011 rush since the 2012 will be made in mexico LOL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts