Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so stoked. middle michigan is supposed to be getting 3-5 tonight and more the whole rest of the week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you actually get it? We got about 3 inches at my house near Petoskey overnight....but thats it. We had about 2 inches on the ground before that.....but it's not work riding on. Too many sticks and ruts from the HILLBILLIES that drive their trucks on the snowmobile trails when there is a decent base started.

Even when we got our last big snow beginning of December...the trails were in bad shape because of those guys. Grrrr.

Hope mid-michigan gets more than we did. :)

-Derek

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we got around 5 inches. its nice real wet snow, so it will make for an excelent base. and judging by the snow that were supposed to be getting later on this week. the upcoming weekend should be a blast

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by hurbin
[br] the upcoming weekend should be a blast
Amen to that!! SW mich didn't get any damn snow last night, very thick ice though. We're suppose to get some lake effect tonight and tomorrow though so I should be riding soon too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only problem is that thaw line....hope things stay cold in GR for you. Looks good up here...but if the ground hasn't been frozen...that wet snow will go FAST. OR you could just get no snow like us. :p I have family in Holland....they said no true freeze has happened until the last few days....I'll get 'em on the phone here soon and see what everything looks like. :)

-Derek

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'd be happy with ice, don't know why... but just rained here.[:(!]

·
Registered
615 Posts
yah over here in southeastern mi all we got was rain&ice, thats ok in my book though, i plow snow down here so if it snows to much here i have to work,and might not be able to get the time to go ridin. lets keep all the snow to the north of detroit and ill be a happy camper!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, we had a sheet of ice about 10pm lastnight; only rained for an hour or so...then the cold came along with snow.

·
Registered
850 Posts
We were supposed to get 5 to 9 inch's of snow but instead we got ice and rain this is bs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here in Midland we got about 5 inches so far.. Hopefully it stays cold!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
does it matter how much we get? i rode my sled to work this morning

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was hoping to get some riding done at Cadillac this weekend. Does any one know if they have open trails? I was told that Gaylords trails are open but did not want to drive that far If I did not have too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whats up Guys Just got back Last night from Three Oaks MI South western part of MI They had about ten inches Trails were beat pretty bad but was good for a couple of hours. Saw on the news that they are supposed to snow every day this week to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea we are supposed to be getting snow almost every day this weekend; too bad its only a couple inches per night of lake effect

1 - 20 of 23 Posts