Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering how strick michigan is on pipes. i am putting some pipes on my mach z when i go to michigan and i gonna have any problems thanx.[:D]

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I've never seen or heard of anything here in michigan about loud pipes. I know some of the guys runnin around here have some darn loud ones. About the only thing i've seen enforced here in michigan is drinking and riding, wreckless driving, and speeding, but that doesnt mean that no one has ever been pulled over for other things, because i'm sure it does happen, just not as frequent.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the speed limit there in michigan. last yr i went there and man u gotta have big hp to run with the michigan boys.[:D]

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i don't think there is a speed limit in mich, minn-50 mph at all times, wis-50 at night last i heard anyways

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Like ToU said if you come to Michigan we are pretty easygoing about noise and speed, but don't do anything stupid like drink to much and ride like an idiot or you will end up in jail. I'm sure there are speed limits but I have not seen them enforced very much. If you're sliding into the other lane going around corners on the trail you are going to fast. If everyone just had common sense we wouldn't need all these laws. Anyway I'm OK now.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Here's the link. You gotta love the fact that were not run by a bunch of liberal idiots here in Michigan, (at least yet). It says you shall not operate a snowmobile "At a rate of speed greater than is reasonable for existing conditions" how cool is that.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_14824-32293--,00.html

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The law in MI is 78 decibals from 50' away. Don't know how much they enforce it though.

WI law of 50 at night two years ago only as a trial. No limit anymore.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I hate the 50 MPH speed limit in MN, what a bunch of worthless junk.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I didn't realize that WI and MI didn't have the same 50 MPH limit as MN. Then again, I haven't seen much enforcement out there in MN the past few years. But every year there is an accident that hits the news and all hell breaks loose. Like mentioned before, if people would just drive safe, we wouldn't be burdened by strict laws.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by dgerlach55033
[br]yep, 50 in mn is bunk, and as we found out, well enforced[:(]
Yeah, driving the highways isn't much better. I just got a speeding ticket the other day. Beware of MN law enforcement. :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well where i live in Mn u dont have to worry about even goin 50 mph. unless u want to take your rear suspesion out with all the corn fields and lack of snow.last yr was my first trip to michigan.and i gotta say those guys there take pride in there trails and set ups. doesnt even come close to anyplace i have been in wis or Mn. but this is just my opinion. when u ride in michigan and the trail crosses over to wis from iromwood u will know what im talkin about.trails in michigan are like driven on highways awesome compared to Mn.

·
Registered
637 Posts
50MPH Bunk.!? Hahaha don't come to Ontario to ride..

our boys in blue love to hand out tickets for pipes and speeding..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by lars
[br]well where i live in Mn u dont have to worry about even goin 50 mph. unless u want to take your rear suspesion out with all the corn fields and lack of snow.last yr was my first trip to michigan.and i gotta say those guys there take pride in there trails and set ups. doesnt even come close to anyplace i have been in wis or Mn. but this is just my opinion. when u ride in michigan and the trail crosses over to wis from iromwood u will know what im talkin about.trails in michigan are like driven on highways awesome compared to Mn.
I think we've got some good trails in MI, and some outstanding clubs doing some real fine work here. If you were to check out some other forums you might hear a whole lotta whining about how lousy they are. Those comments are usually coming from the folks that come up on a holiday weekend, drink and drive, tear up the trails, and drive across peoples lawns and tresspass on private property. Those are the ones that make it so difficult for this sport to get any respect. That would be one reason why I don't look at those sites anymore.[xx(]

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
My 1st day in Munising,MI I thought the trails were terrible. The key is to get away and out from the main cities where the bulk of the traffic is. Then you will find awesome conditions.Another idea is if you are doing a 4-day trip(or more),don't do the Thurs. thru Sunday thing. EVERYBODY does that. Do a Sat.- Tues trip. Everyone leaves on Sunday and they start grooming and trails are awsome at the begining of the week!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yup last yr i went sun ,[:D]mon, tues, groomers were out trails were mint

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Off topic but when i was in Vermont last year the best times to ride the trails were between sunday evening and thursday morning, usually.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by lars
[br]im just wondering how strick michigan is on pipes. i am putting some pipes on my mach z when i go to michigan and i gonna have any problems thanx.[:D]
I have rode in michigan for years, i have had dynoport pipes on a 98 machZ for 3yrs and ride pretty hard. we have past a few dnr and they have never bothered with me...but dont let them catch you comming out of a bar..as a general rule ..if you want to ride hard dont go on the weekend, there is tons of families out. most of us hard cores ride during the week to avoid rush hour..gabs

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont have to worry about drinkin and driving.i havent drank for almost 5 yrs now but i like to ride.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts