Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys ride in central to northern michigan? Liek the udell hills area, baldwin, na-tankaa, peacock, manistee?

[red]Moved to General by Erick[/red]

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Been there once and would like to go back. But I haven't ridden there since about '93.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ride there almost every weekend. I grew up in Reed City and grandmother lives in Luther, so I make it a point to get on tin cup trials and ride over to Club37 for dinner and then ride up through irons and to Cadillac and then back home. The Lake county road system is very friendly to sleds. You can have a lot of fun on the seasonal roads and some of the open fields.

Regards,

Chad

·
Registered
762 Posts
ya i know where your talking about. Our cabin is a about 2 miles south of where m-37 and 55 intersect. ever heard of horina's canoe rental?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a place in Cadillac and it seems like the trails are better and less torn up down by irons, but I haven't had a chance to explore as much as I would like yet. Hopefully the sled will cooperate this year.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I ride mostly over by the Higgins lake area. Trails can get beat up pretty quickly especially in the last few seasons with the small snowfalls we have had. But if you know the area, you can get out and see a few places most people dont know about. If anyone rides this area, let me know.

C-Ya on the Trails!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in freesoil and its a 10 min ride to hop on the trail head. I know the trails throught irons, wellston, na-tannka, bass lake, udell hills like the back of my hand. All us central to upper michigan riders should get together for a ride. According to the news a snowstorm might be on the way for wednesday. But we got some time till the snow flies!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I live in Midland, my parents live in Hope on Wixom Lake, pretty good sized lake for riding. Just got my new sled in 01, the crappy winter, then this past year i was at college and didn't find much time for riding, i've only ridden some trails in the gaylord area, but look forward to MUCH more this year.
if anyone of you would be interested in a get together to ride somewhere, i would be all for it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a cabin in Manistee, and ride Udell Hills most of the time. Wellston & Irons do a great job with the trails and the ride to Cadillac is great too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts