Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any website that has current, accurate, kept up to date (daily!, not the common 1 update every 2-3 days) information of the current riding conditions in Michigan? I've checked out fishweb.com, trailreport.com, spicerstrailreport.com (I think is the name, taken down from spicersboatcity home address as of today.), and wunderground.com, but none (other than maybe trailreport) appear to[?]be updated regularly and with current snow depths, in other words something I could trust as very accurate. Is there something better to reference? I'd hate to waste a 2 hr trip for dirty/poor trails.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Where do you plan on going????

I got back on Sunday from Benzie area (west of Traverse City) and the snow was going fast. We only made it to Thompsonville and anything south was gone...so if you want to ride you better head to the UP, everyone I talked to said north of the bridge is where the snow is especially going to be 40 all week with sun wont take long at all for the nice white stuff turning into mud. Sunday 46 and rain here in Kent county with monday and tuesday being in the 40s also.

Winter looks to be over in Lower Mi...or did it ever really start?

·
Registered
449 Posts
It never really started. This winter was a slap in the face for the lower snowbelt. Every time we got a snow over two feet it melted, and when it was cold as hell, it didn't snow. Every last system went to the south. Some of my friends in souther Indiana said they have never seen that much snow before. I tell them, I want it back! I put 400 miles on my sled this year. When I did ride, it wasn't ideal.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
^this is the first year for me that I have under 350 miles for the year. I think I have more miles at the drag strips than actual trail miles...but after the winter we had last year I guess I cant really complain, just hope next winter is a good one.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I did about 50 miles at the cabin Sunday at it was not good on the trails and the road crossings.....Off road was still a riot. The lake effect machine really didn't kick in this year. The groomers did a fine job with what they had to work with.

My cabin had over 200 inches of snow last year.....This year it will be maybe 120....Thats why the trails are shot. NO BASE ever this year. There are 2 races this coming weekend within 2 miles of the cabin....they will end up mud drags. I'm staying home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts