Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just putting the word out for the last two swap meets for this fall season in Michigan, this coming weekend or I should say this Friday and Saturday the A-1 vintage show and swap meet will be going on in New Lothrop Mi, this is a everything goes type of swap meet that is also a vintage show, everything from the relics from the early years of snowmobiling to modern will be there for sale and everything in between, bikes,quads,and all types of motor sports stuff, Saturday is the BIG day for swappers with the more modern parts and sleds, info for the A-1 swap and show can be found by following the link below:

http://www.a1swapandshow.com/

Next up is the latest info for the American Legion swap, this one is very local to me and only a 15 minute drive from where I live, its the second year at this location, it had previously been held at the Freedom Hill county park in Sterling Heights for the previous 7 years but the county politicians ended it and broke their part of the contract and basically said too bad for you guys, it went over pretty good last year for the 1st year at the new location, with getting the word out and generating interest this swap can become as big and popular as it once was at the old location, if anyone is interested you can either contact me or call either of the phone numbers at the bottom with your inquiries, the guys that put this swap meet on give a generous donation from the gate fees to the American Legion Post 4 and it goes to a good cause and doesn't go to the Macomb County big wigs pockets.

Swapmeet American Legion Post 4 Mt.Clemens Mi 48043

Saturday December 4th @ American Legion Post 4 401 N. Groesbeck Hwy Mount Clemens Mi 48043

This is about 10 Min from Freedom Hill. take M-59 to Groesbeck Hwy.(M-97) head S. about a mile on Right side Just past Elizabeth rd.(Macomb Co Jail so don't act upWink) you cant miss it there is a Jet Plane Travel in front of the building.

This will be outside just the same but the American Legion will be selling Coffee/Hot Chocolate and some Hotdogs, I feel much better about this than giving our local Gvmt money to fill someones pocket.

So as usual bring your used parts/sleds and clothing.

Open for setup at 6:30am Open to the Public 8am till 2pm

We are tieng up the loose ends and are trying to keep same prices as last year we will up date asap.

For more Info. Call

586 790 9100

586 322 7938

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Relatives live in Owosso, MI just a few miles away from New Lothrop. Wish i could be there but i bet some of them will show up to take my place[thumb]

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
^^ Ill be there.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
New Lothrop friday and sat. for me. Can't wait, This swap is always so much fun. Its a cant miss for me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Snowmobile USA show is in Novi at the Rock Financial Showplace this weekend starting Friday. I'll be there. You can find SOME deals on clothing and studs. But, it is a nice show to check out new sleds and aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
All loaded and ready for the A-1 swap. Trish and I are leaving today at 11am to go down and see what's happening today. I could barely sleep last night. I love this swap. I am NOT gonna get as loaded as I did last year....My God I felt bad on Sat.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had a good day despite low seller turnout and lots of track kickers, my brother sold $900 in parts, I pretty much didn't sell squat but I really don't have all that much stuff to off, some fricken thief walked of with my lone CRC aluminum steering arm with the tie rod end and pinch bolt, and I helped one of my close friends pick up a 98 XC 700 with 3000 original miles on it for $1250, seller was asking $1500 but after I gave it a full cavity search and inspection I found that it was in need of a primary clutch and was missing at least a dozen track clips, has a few bumps and bruises but nothing major, I offered $1200 and he countered with the $1250 that we settled on,once we go through it and clean it up its gonna be a very nice trail sled for him,we already have a primary waiting to go on it and then will decide what to do with the track, will probably take his new track out of his 95 Storm and install it in the XC as now he is turning the 95 Storm into a dedicated ice drag sled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts