Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is interested?

I have a place on the north end of Mancelona. There is parking all over town that will prove to be ample parking. 2 large lots are within 3/4 of a mile from my cabin. I would be happy to host a group ride out of my cabin and go whatever way the snow is best. I have a grill and tables so we could even do burgers and brats in the afternoon and you could still drive home if that is what you prefer. Motels are in the area as well.
The best day would be Jan 15th due to the East Jordan snowblast and MLK day on Monday. Infinity Raceway is close by so if you would like to race your buddy, I believe they are doing grudge races that weekend. I have 2 large bowls next to the cabin so we could start and end with some bowl action.
If you are into the ride please reply here and we can get a toll on who's in. I will pm you my cell when you say your in and maybe we can make this happen this year. The snow's a fallen hard there and I think the conditions will be awesome.
I realize this is late notice but until the last few days we were uncertain on conditions.If many will not be able to make it we could maybe come up with a date a little later in the season.What do you all think.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Next weekend my be a stretch for me, the way December hurt my wallet and I am now playing catch up it may not be in the works for me quite yet, the end of this month would be my best chance, Brian is going to Texas for work for the next two weeks, he won't be back until the 22nd, so that weekend is out too, I am thinking the weekend of the 28th and 29th would be the best fit for us, and then we have 2 race weekends in a row after that, Feb 5th and the 12th, never the less will have to see what kind of input we get from others and then decide.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feb 5th weekend I am being kidnapped and drug to Sugar Island for a UP ride and the Soo races.
Jan 29th we have a tenitive ride here locally as a memorial for a friend that passed.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was about to say sign me up until I realized your Northern Michigan and my Northern Michigan are different parts of the same state!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TrailRebel said:
I was about to say sign me up until I realized your Northern Michigan and my Northern Michigan are different parts of the same state!
yours would be the U.P. We are trolls

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Definitely an idea, Im open that day. and its only about 1 hour from my house. I will let you know, but sounds fun to me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
dodger said:
TrailRebel said:
Or appleknockers, but whatever[:D]

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Damnit Dodger poor choice of weekends lol, I'll be riding the snowies that weekend. I'll be in the yoop the first week of Feb. Dirty_Harry and I still want to come up and ride with ya sooner or later this winter, hopefully toward the end of February we should be able to nail something down.

·
Registered
449 Posts
GotMud said:
Damnit Dodger poor choice of weekends lol, I'll be riding the snowies that weekend. I'll be in the yoop the first week of Feb. Dirty_Harry and I still want to come up and ride with ya sooner or later this winter, hopefully toward the end of February we should be able to nail something down.
Mud, are you guys getting some good snow now or what?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Empire087 said:
Mud are you coming to i500? Anyone else coming my way.
Nope, but I'll bet it's pretty sweet.
Needmosnow said:
GotMud said:
We're getting snow, nothing to brag about but it's ridable. We should be in good shape for the weekend, suppose to get another 8+ tonight.[thumb]

·
Registered
278 Posts
As of right now, I say count me in! That is of course if I can pawn my daughter off to one of her friends houses and also that I don't blow all my money getting my sled rebuilt!

Sounds like a blast though! If it would help, I have lot's of parking here, and could probably put up a couple of people for the night to help save on the cost of a hotel.

Mike

·
Registered
352 Posts
I mite have to work that weekend but if i dont count me in!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'll be at Pickerel Lake/Alanson that weekend so i might be able to hook up, but there's a very strong possibility that we will be back packing from Alanson to the U.P for the weekend, so that might not work out. [dunno]

But if you see a newer Tan F-250 with a v-nose Featherlite with Ohio tags, or a couple of clean Polaris's towing out a Arctic Cat or two then wave, cause its a good chance thats us. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I would love to go but I have to work that Saturday. If for some reason I dont end up working I will be there.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TrailRebel said:
dodger said:
TrailRebel said:
Or appleknockers, but whatever[:D]
Rustic???? or country boy????? yeh, lots of big citys in the U.P.

We are trolls because we live under the bridge. Not quite sure where you are going with your comment

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Lol thats kinda what I though. Appleknocker, wtf is that lol?

·
Registered
449 Posts
GotMud said:
Empire087 said:
Mud are you coming to i500? Anyone else coming my way.
Nope, but I'll bet it's pretty sweet.
Needmosnow said:
GotMud said:
We're getting snow, nothing to brag about but it's ridable. We should be in good shape for the weekend, suppose to get another 8+ tonight.[thumb]
Thanks for the update, I might be headed up that way Sunday morning for an all day adventure. I heard Mancelona and Kalkaska are getting pounded... I might venture to that neck of the woods for that weekend, not sure if I can pull it off yet. Appleknockers? Well since our part of the state funds yours. I think we'll just take that bridge down now, and you can live in Wisconsin or Canada.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'll be there i'm just trying to get my other sled ready so my cousin can go! I'll be staying in East Jordan at some family members house not to far from the snow club.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Dodger, head to the yoop early and make the Slednutz group ride in Rockland/Mass City. You know you want to! If you don't make it I'll probably be the only one on an IQr.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts