Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a sled recently and i just came upon this sled. Just wanna know if its a good deal? Top speed?

(http://muskegon.craigslist.org/rvs/1713668470.html)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
looks ugly, and older than 1999? get something newer... thats not green, get something red or yellow.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i just traded a 01 440 sno pro and i was asking 2300 for it a 99 should be a bit more than that just my opinion you get what you pay for

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Things worth about 800. I paid $2300 for my 600 mod with 1800 miles on it. Top speed will be 65-70 depending on gearing and clutching. Look it over good, it was one of the first real race sleds, so its more than likely beat ( but what sled isnt? ).

·
Registered
449 Posts
It should be a little cheaper... Those sleds ride like there on rails, but feel like a tin can. I would go for a little more power... You could find a 2000 Polaris xcsp, even a 600 for that kind of money. I can get mine up to around 102 on a good pack, and super reliable.

1,792 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
I think she should hit 70-75 tops, my indy reaches around 85 on a good day
Are you sure? I think the ZR440's had 90 hp. That'd put it around 85-90mph.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
my 99 z440 sno pro fan cooled would do over 70-75 so i would hope the finicky liquid would be faster then that.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I could maybe see it going 80-90 just because it doe produce 90 HP my indy 500 is the 488 and it does have maybe 97HP? but I am not sure on that spec

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
My 100 hp doesn't do anything over 85 by radar gun. I've had the needle on the stop on the speedo, no way in hell I was doing 100 lol.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
sledcrusher said:
it was one of the first real race sleds, so its more than likely beat ( but what sled isnt? ).
Not everyone buys beat up junk sleds like you. My sled most certainly is not beat and it shows it.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The only snowmobile thats not beat is the one that hasn't really been ridden. Almost everyone has jumped theit snowmobile a little, gone off trail with it, or tached it up quite a bit.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
sledcrusher said:
The only snowmobile thats not beat is the one that hasn't really been ridden. Almost everyone has jumped theit snowmobile a little, gone off trail with it, or tached it up quite a bit.
Your theory is still flawed, i have climbed, boondocked, held WOT up hills and my sled is not beat and i know people who are the same way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts