Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a new and lighter sled then my 95 storm. So i have a guy who might want to trade plus a few bucks.

heres what the sled looks like

(http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bar/1793774811.html)

Let me know if i should trade or not. And maybe some info on the sled here and there.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
he might want to trade and throw in some extra cash to boot? or you would have to throw some more cash?
I'd say if he's willing to give you extra money, TAKE THE TRADE. Your sled is only worth ~$1000 in nice condition. If you have to throw in extra money, I would still do the trade (depending on how much money you throw in, if you have to give up $500 or less, trade it up).
No idea what that skidoo is worth, but I know the storm is NOT worth $2000.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
That doo is probably worth about 2k, looks like a nice sled. Definetly gonna be way lighter than your storm.

·
Registered
454 Posts
You will be getting a lighter sled, but with way less power than you currently have. I myself dont mind the pay off of heavier sled with the power and wicked top end that my 93 Storm has. It goes like a scalded dog. If you like ditch bangn and stuff like that, then go for it. Just remember that your giving up 300cc's and that all important 3rd cylinder. I know that in Ill a Storm in really nice shape goes for around 1400-1800. Just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery :)

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That'll be a great trade, till your buddies leave you in the dust.. Then you'll be back, asking how to make yer new 500 faster.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'd do it. ZX chassis sleds are fun sleds, even the lower displacement ones. That sled is the liquid cooled 500, so even though it won't be the fastest it'll still be able to go. I mainly backcountry ride/ditch bang/etc, so having the biggest engine isn't important to me. Sometimes it's actually the sleds with smaller engines that are the most fun.

If you're mainly into lake racing/riding/high speed riding then going to the 500 probably isn't the best choice.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Blecter said:
I'd do it. ZX chassis sleds are fun sleds, even the lower displacement ones. That sled is the liquid cooled 500, so even though it won't be the fastest it'll still be able to go. I mainly backcountry ride/ditch bang/etc, so having the biggest engine isn't important to me. Sometimes it's actually the sleds with smaller engines that are the most fun.

If you're mainly into lake racing/riding/high speed riding then going to the 500 probably isn't the best choice.
x2.

That ZX will out perform your sled in every single aspect, except 60mph+. Although that 500 will do 80 no problem, its wont be anywhere near as fast as your storm top end. ZX chassis' are fun, and I've actually considered going back to one coming off of a Rev. I sure know I would have taken my 02' MXZx 700 over my 05' Fusion 900.

·
Registered
232 Posts
as stated above do the trade it will pay off in the end, even tho ur givin up power the wait and nimbleness is all that matters, depending what type of riding ur doing.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Go with the 500. I can keep up with 700 and 800's with my 500 in the twisties.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
kingofkings said:
Go with the 500. I can keep up with 700 and 800's with my 500 in the twisties.
but there gone in the straights, its kinda a situation where u might wanna think,, buy the mxz and put the trip in it [thumb]

·
Registered
38 Posts
if he is willing to trade then go for it that sled is alot lighter and more powerful then a storm

·
Registered
232 Posts
if u take into perspective then the 500s weight to power ratio is way better than a storms!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
frankinsled said:
if he is willing to trade then go for it that sled is alot lighter and more powerful then a storm
That sled is not more powerful then a Storm.

·
Registered
454 Posts
^^^X2, Frnakinsled needs to share what hes smoking! There is no way that 500 will even touch my 93Storm. Unless hes running power adders! Dude you really need to share your stash!!hahahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts