Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just pulled the dust cover off my 2004 Liberty Liquid cooled edge 700 Touring sled. I need to clean the carbs and adjust them as well. Anyone have any pointers out there on how to service these carbs properly. I am also running a little rich as well as buring a lot of oil, I believe the dealer had turned that up while my sled was breaking in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just went through mine. Take them off , work on one at a time. remove the float bowl and remove the jets. Clean or soak them in carb cleaner. Blow air through all the passage ways. Make sure you remove the choke plungers before you blow air into the choke passage way. Set the air screw and fuel screw to factory settings or if it was running good last time you were riding, then just count the number of turns in on each screw lightly seated. This will be where you will set them when you are done cleaning. Remove these also. Watch the air screw there is a little brass washer and o-ring in there along with a spring. Clean them put them back together and reinstall on the sled. Make sure you check your throttle freeplay and adjust the throttle stop and cable if necessary. Also check when you have the cables attached that the carb slide clear the carb bore completely. The throttle stop screw might need to be turned in or out as needed.
I always take mine apart on a white cloth or paper towel. Hope I didn't confuse you to much or to much info at one time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man for the info, I am not that far from Sea Elavation probably a couple of hundred feet. I live in St. John's and I ride out in Salmonier most of the time. I was thinking about making afew changes to the jets to make it run a bit more leaner. I have a lot of smoke when I run my sled.

Shawn

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you have 470 mains in there now you could drop to 450's for sure if not 440's. I have a 800 running a SLP pipe kit, gutted air box and flow rites in the dash running 430's at 1600 feet. I have 450's in my 700 RMK . I am waiting for a cold enough day to check the jetting, but will probably end up at 440-430's. Check that the oil pump is set to the mark. There is a notch on the arm and one on the pump body. Make sure the throttle freeplay and throttle stop is set first. Then just take the slack out of the cable with the throttle and check the alignment marks on the oil pump. I have seen lots come from the factor set to the lean side, so set to rich wouldn't suprise me either. Line towards the gas tank to rich, towards the front to lean. Got much snow back home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts