Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a z120 for my son this weekend and it has a performance gear on it and it has too much top end. I was wondering what is involved in putting the original back on? The gear is about twice the size of the one on there and the chain does not look like it will fit.

Does the engine need to be moved back or does the chain need to be changed?

·
Registered
210 Posts
My son has a Mini-Z so I can only speak for that, but to change the driven sprocket on his, I had to pull the track drive shaft so I had enough clearance to change sprockets. As for the chain you may have to get another one, but it is most likely a standard size of chain.

·
Registered
324 Posts
By the way, the top speed with the top end kit is only around 32 mph for a 75 lb kid.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My son is only 4 right now, and I want him to get the feel for the sled and I am not worried about him going fast.

I am able to get the sprocket off easily, it is just a matter of figuring out wether or not I can put the original one on with the same chain.

·
Registered
274 Posts
dont know alot about mini sleds, but i beleive that they come with governors or how ever it is spelled, and most people who put mods on their kids sled, the first thing they do is take the governor off, correct? so see if maybe you can put it back on till you feel comfortable with your son riding faster, not sure if it will work, like i said i know nothing about mini sleds, but its just a thought....

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the governor was overridden when I bought it, I took that off right away. It is just a metal bar.

Pretty much everyone I have talked to is telling me that the original chain must be used again. I am going to try and contact the guy to see if he has it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts