Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you could put a minmum word limit on posts. this would prevent Spam Trolls from posting things like "nice site", "cool", "looks fun" etc. I've seen it done on the forum in wakeskate.com but they have thumbnails pics and you guys can't seem to get that goin either.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
most people dont spam that much here neway, and sometimes one word replies like "cool" or "nice" or needed

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by Nanyo
[br]and you guys can't seem to get that goin either.
Good thing we haven't even been trying to add them, yes it was suggested, yes we considered it, no we haven't been working implementing it.

There's a big difference between not being able to do something and not doing something.

We could put a minimum word limit, but we aren't going to. Does that mean we can't? NO.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Nanyo,
I think it might be wise to choose your words a little more carefully in the future. Erick & P-Man have done an excellent job of giving us a place to discuss our favorite sport. And I think they could do whatever they want, don't think its a matter of could they its a matter of do they want to.

Haven't seen anyone else out there willing to do the work these guys do just for the love of the sport. Give them some respect.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well said 2000TCMC I think these forums are great..

Nanyo,

If don't like the way things are done, and you made a suggestion, Great..! But if it doesn't get implemented right away, or at all for that matter.. The choice is ultimately up to the moderators, and by posting comments such as “... and you guys can't seem to get that goin either” I doubt they are going to get to it any sooner..

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Edited by me, cuz I misunderstood what dgerlach was doing. My bad.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
We try to leave modifications to new site releases and don't do things inbetween. Just to many things to screw up. You ever seen this code? It isn't the most straight forward stuff in the world.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Nanyo,
Usually the people that are members here and that post thoughts on here, are here for a reason, not to just run up their post numbers, or to 'spam' the site as you put it, usually they have a reason, need some info or want to share, and USUALLY that entails leaving a message that is more than just a few lines.....I have noticed that since you have joined, there is always an air of discontent that surrounds you....as one has said above, make a suggestion, and then GET OVER IT....thanks for the suggestions, the Mods and Admins will look into it, and do what they and the members want....as you may have noticed, this site/forum is FREE, did I mention that you don't have to PAY anything to belong....???...AND Erick and P-man do a GREAT job of keeping up with all new revisions of code and bugs etc...IN THEIR OWN TIME I MIGHT ADD...they have OTHER things/jobs to take care of in the same time too..... and shouldn't really have to listen to some whiney a$$ed punk, dissin' their stuff.....'nuf said!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
^^^ agreed.... I dont see any reason for Nanyo to stick around... All the posts I have read by him are dumb one liners, or dissin someones stuff....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey buddy (sledhead), you should chill out and stop crawling on me like I'm a jungle gym. I do enjoy this site and would like to stay. but if everyone feels like Sled Head the Spam Artist, maybe I should leave... [:(]BTW, I've never seen bigger brown nosers as you (2000TCMC, 650Indy,
VTSheener) I think p-man and erick can (and did) defend them selves.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Nanyo, you have your little clan backing you up, so what's wrong with some members backing us up?

Plus there shouldn't be anything said where we should have to defend ourselves.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just found this site a couple of days ago and I also feel that Erick & Polaris-Man are doing a great job here! Give credit where credit is due, there nothing wrong with posting an opinion or not agreeing with someone elses. Bashing and name calling are a different story.

FYI Nanyo - if I am correctly interpreting your signature I personally find it offensive.

·
Registered
187 Posts
my addage has always been "if it aint broke, dont fix it" Things work fine the way they are. and erick is right,... writing code for a board aint fun at all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Canuck
[br]
FYI Nanyo - if I am correctly interpreting your signature I personally find it offensive.
Canuck, what do you find offensive about my sig? It is written in English, I don't think you need to "interpret" it figure out what it means.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
God damn it man, why are you always being such a dick?

I have my idea of what your sig means, which is your business if I'm interpretting it correctly, but with your twisted mind, it could mean something else.

·
Registered
528 Posts
[red]"It is written in English, I don't think you need to "interpret" it figure out what it means."[/red]

For all I know you are female or it has some other meaning.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I get it as that he thinks that guys that are weak are interested in girls, and guys that are strong are gay. Pretty much.

But who the F*CK could resist this???:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.