Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few days off the first week of December and we are looking for a place to ride on Monday Novemeber 29 to Dec 1st. Not looking good for anywhere in Michigan, Is the Duluth area going to be a possibility ? Any local knowledge would be appreciated !

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It's tough to say so early. Just today our 6inches has started to melt. If we get another decent sized storm system by then and stays below freezing, shouldn't be a problem.

A good trail is the North Shore trail. It's like a highway, so it does have quite a bit of traffic, with some big bumps in the corners, but it is very fast. And the trail itself is very wide. Last year we put on 200 miles in ~8 hours no problem. From Duluth to Isabella/Silver Bay area and back.

But like Sledneck said, trails don't open til the 1st, assuming rideable snow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[highlight=red]A good trail is the North Shore trail. [/highlight=red]It's like a highway, so it does have quite a bit of traffic, with some big bumps in the corners, but it is very fast. And the trail itself is very wide. Last year we put on 200 miles in ~8 hours no problem. From Duluth to Isabella/Silver Bay area and back.

Thanks, looks like more snow for you this weekend. I will move my time off to the middle of the week and continue to pray for the white stuff. Any lodging on the North shore trail ?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
If we have enough snow I'd stay in Finland and ride the powerlines...tons of fun. Some cool little bar/restaraunts in the area too.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
people forget about south of duluth. there are a ton of spur trails and play spots off of the railroad grade!
took myself and riley 7 hours one day to get from banning junction to duluth. by the time we got to town we were out of gas and tired. we stopped at every hill and swamp to play!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
the town of Tofte is a good place to stay, there is an Americinn there and a nice resort call Bluefin Bay. there are trails going from there to the North Shore trail. i lived up in Duluth the last 2 winters, the state trail was groomed a couple times a week, i always went out on a wednesday right behind the groomers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts