Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im goin out on Lake minnetonka this weekend if anybody wants to meet up. Conditions are decent and theres decent snow to.

Just post in here. We drop our sleds off at Greys bay and head out from there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol you live in Minnetonka. Well thank god we got a few more inches yesterday lol.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Any idea when you might be heading out? I saw a lot of tracks in that bay already yesterday. I've got my 700 in for maintenance, but was thinking of trying to get the 500 woke up from storage on Saturday, if it warms up a little. Might be a good idea to get it out for a shake-down run.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
If it warms up I'll be out there, Just keep an eye out for an orange switchback.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Originally posted by PhazerBoy
[br]
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]If it warms up I'll be out there, Just keep an eye out for an orange switchback.
One eye in the rearview????[;)][;)][;)]D/S; where's Swanee?
Why is your rearview pointed forward? [:D]

Swany probably hasnt signed up for the site yet. I'll bug him to get on that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All right, probably head out in the morning and head out west to see my sister at the barn if the waters frozen enough. We tried it two weeks ago and it was open in a few spots.

I will post right before we leave. just look for a blue and silver Trailblazer pulling two Arctic cats with a big silver thing on the trailor lol

or once we get out there, look for a black F7 and green ZR800. We dont have AC jackets or anything lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We dont have a ton but its decent on the lakes. Maybe 10 inches.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nice. If I am up and running early enough I may drive down that way for a spin. I'll keep an eye out.

I didn't realize there was that much snow depth out there. Heard of any thin ice areas lately?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
The lakes have less than 6 inches on them. You might be able to find 10inch deep drifts... After the cold weather, I'm pretty sure most/all of the lake is completely safe.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I am game - I need to get out and ride!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a ticket out there years ago and haven't been on the lake snowmobiling since. I fought the ticket and won but will still stay off that lake. You should have seen the look on their faces when the judge threw the whole thing out and told me I did a good job preparing my case.
Originally posted by MNSLEDNECK56308
[br]Just keep it under 10 mph so you don't get any tickets!
I took the day off yesterday and rode in the afternoon. I didn’t get out until 4:00 and I was back @ 6:30. I rode 80 miles though. Went west on Cty. 30 to the trail and took that South through Hamburg, to Plato, Went down and checked out the Crow but the tracks only went to the hangmans wire and stopped so I turned around and got back on the trail to Glencoe. Got mixed up on the West side of Glencoe and decided to head back. Got gas in Plato and went home.

Trails were still pretty rough and need a packed base. I had a hard time slowing down. The loose snow on top of the hard ground made me slide a lot. I almost hit a pickup trying to slow down for a road crossing.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I was on the lake today, the snow is packed well, but there is only 4-6 inches all over the lake. Some bigger snow in the reeds and whatnot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have never seen a cop out there. And geez, maybe i should slow down lol. On the one section of lake udner that big bridge that ehads twords fletchers, i do like 90-100 on that stretch lol. I always thought it was pretty safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like i may be bringing my friend out with us. And it will be in the afternoon, so check for us then!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ended up not going today. We are gonna go out tomorrow. look for us then [8D]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts