Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
mxzdude22 said:
does anyone know if it is illegal to ride a snowmobile without a snowflap in minnesota??
Not illegal, but you may get your butt kicked, if you shoot snow all over the wrong fella on the trail or ect....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
willy your wrong..... snowflap must be within 4" of the ground. It is illegal to ride without one sadly. running without one is bad for your sled also. the snowflep makes snow hit your coolers in your tunnel.

Plus i think the bigger the flap the better it looks. truck flaps are great[thumb]
20109323249938_30620.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You must not have tunnel coolers to be running with out a rear flap.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I have a cut off one on for this winter. I'm going to see how it works while watching my temp. Out west its not illegal.

sTOrMy96 said:
willy your wrong..... snowflap must be within 4" of the ground. It is illegal to ride without one sadly. running without one is bad for your sled also. the snowflep makes snow hit your coolers in your tunnel.

Plus i think the bigger the flap the better it looks. truck flaps are great[thumb]
20109323249938_30620.jpg
Are you a little horned up to that sled?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:

20109323249938_30620.jpg
You type pretty fast there little buddy, I agree with the tunnel coolers thought, but I haven't read any thing about the snow flap in the REGs.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
if you get pulled over for not having a flap just burry the backend and your bumper will be to the ground. "I dont need a flap officer, my bumper touched the ground." haha

ultrawillie said:
sTOrMy96 said:

20109323249938_30620.jpg
You type pretty fast there little buddy, I agree with the tunnel coolers thought, but I haven't read any thing about the snow flap in the REGs.
ultrawillie said:
sTOrMy96 said:

20109323249938_30620.jpg
my friend got pulled over last year for riding without one. cop let him go with a warning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
if you get pulled over for not having a flap just burry the backend and your bumper will be to the ground. "I dont need a flap officer, my bumper touched the ground." haha
Hey Josh You'll have to enlighten us on where in the regs that the flap has to be even on the sled let alone 4 inches off the ground.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ultrawillie said:
sTOrMy96 said:
Hey Josh You'll have to enlighten us on where in the regs that the flap has to be even on the sled let alone 4 inches off the ground.[thumb]
That's what my friend john and i where told by an officer. I will look tho. give me a few mins.

I looked in the book and maybe you where right... I dident see anything about snowflaps. but why would a state trooper tell us that you have to have one and it has to be within 4" of the ground? makes no sense...[confused2]
sorry for sayin your where wrong...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I looked in the book and maybe you where right... I dident see anything about snowflaps. [highlight=yellow]but why would a state trooper tell us that you have to have one[/highlight=yellow] and it has to be within 4" of the ground? makes no sense...[confused2]
sorry for sayin your where wrong...
[/quote]

I'm going to guess that someone reported to someone (law enfocement) that they got sprayed by a guy. As cool as it maybe to shot rooster tails we all should be considerate of others. Been a long day getting camper ready for Hay Days see or rather chat with ya all later.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Ive seen people that have them tucked under the tunnel and they drag on the track? dunno why someone would do that...? But you could flip it the other way and tuck it under the bumper, then just flip it down if you get pulled over or something?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you dont have studs it wont hurt it. if you do it will tear your flat to hell. if you have reverse on your sled sometimes you run the flap over and it gets sucked into your track without you knowing.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
There is one sled I see almost every season that has it. same sled same dude. i would love to meet the guy and ask what is wrong with him lol XD

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
ski-dooer12 said:
Ive seen people that have them tucked under the tunnel and they drag on the track? dunno why someone would do that...? But you could flip it the other way and tuck it under the bumper, then just flip it down if you get pulled over or something?
The snow flap on the 800 D is destroied by the studs.... Im an idiot sometimes....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I think its impossible to find a studded sled with reverse without a chewed up flap. Actually it's hard to find any studded sled with a good flap

·
Registered
178 Posts
i took the one off the wifes sled so when she barrys the ass end i can get my hands around the bumper to pick it up lol happend alot last year i hate digging hard snow to get it unstuck

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Now Willie, why would you go toe to toe with a Stormy? He just went back or is going back to school to enlighten all of us!! Oh yah, forgot, you are back to school as well!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
polaris1man said:
Now Willie, why would you go toe to toe with a Stormy? He just went back or is going back to school to enlighten all of us!! [highlight=yellow]Oh yah, forgot, you are back to school as well!![/highlight=yellow]
Just tring to re-live my youth. Hahahaha

1 - 20 of 31 Posts