Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Mity vac, what ???

692 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gen2 
#1 ·
Well I found that one of the check valve of the cylinder is probably broken on the sled. (thanks to sinjin588 who send me the troubleshooting spec) The troubleshooting pages talk about "mity vac" to check and test all the check valves. they should pop off about 2-5 psi!!! Did any body as already use or heard about this tool? Where I can buy one? Is it cheap? Thanks!

#2 ·
[attachment=59035]

The tool will look like this, except it will have a pressure/vac gage. The oil check valves should pop off at 2-5 pounds, AND hold that much as well. They must hold pressure or problems can arrise. You can buy them at an auto parts store, walmart, etc. Usually about $30. -Polaris Doc

#5 ·
Originally posted by Polaris_Doc
[br][attachment=59035]

The tool will look like this, except it will have a pressure/vac gage. The oil check valves should pop off at 2-5 pounds, AND hold that much as well. They must hold pressure or problems can arrise. You can buy them at an auto parts store, walmart, etc. Usually about $30. -Polaris Doc
The one that builds pressure will cost you at least twice that . blow through it gently with compressed air . You'll here the valve chatter if the check valve is ok. if air just passes through easily, the check valve is bad. i cut the hose on my radiator cap tester and use that for oil check valves and carb needle /seats .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.