Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you feel about mixing oils? I ran my mom's XLT yesterday and before I left I filled it up with VES oil. It usually runs the Polaris blue oil, but all I had was VES oil. Is is hard on the motor to mix oils?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Polaris says it is no problems.

I ran vesII and then switched to amsoil interceptor no draining just run as low as possible and then refill. I then switched to klotz same story.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I dont like to if i dont have to. But thats me! It probably no big deal! But i dont think mixing synthetic with mineral oil is good!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Polaris claims you can mix any of their oils together no problem. If you want to be safe, just mix the 2 oils together in a small container and let it sit overnight. As long as you dont see sludge when you check it the next morning, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]I dont like to if i dont have to. But thats me! It probably no big deal! But i dont think mixing synthetic with mineral oil is good!
I heard that many years ago. But there's Synthetic blends - so how could that be possibile if they make a blend of mineral and synthetic that comes in a bottle?

I haven't totally fallen for the synthetic thing yet...

As far as I know there are only a handful of oil mfr's and they're just re-packaged. Think supertech is crap? If I had the machine to test it I'd bet it's the same stuff Polaris sells for 4X the price.

I've dumped everything from Sea N Snow to Shell to Castrol (All TCW-3 or equivelant of course) into my oil jugs on PWC's and Sleds with no issues.

Bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts