Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of our weekend at Lakes of the North. The guys who have been doing this for years said they've never seen it like this. . . I guess it's because the snowfall is concentrated in this area. There was about 18 to 24 inches of snow in the woods off the trails. For all of the traffic, the trails were in pretty good shape! Our group did a Poker run from Swamp II to Dingmans, then on to the Hide Away. It all ended back at Jims place for final card selection (I had a hand like a foot!)
Anyway, an awesome time was had by all. Looking forward to going back up in a couple of weeks.
[/font=Comic Sans MS]

/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Milling around.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Lineup.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Departure.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Launch.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Launch 2.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Potato Patch.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Taking a break.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Fueling.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Big crowd.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/54 in the group.jpg
/polarisman/../images/users/kimba466/Heading home.jpg

All sleds ran great! No accidents or broken bones. FYI, the drag races were done by class. . .500s 600s and 700 up. I'm not sure but I think there was a different winner (Polaris, AC or Skidoo) in each class. Alot of very close races!
Unfortunately I didn't see or meet anyone that indicated he/she was a member of Our Forum.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh Yeah. . . we rode about 90 miles, but only rode on Saturday. The group also did a trip on Friday of about 140 miles.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Sweet!!!!! I wanna go sledding. I am thinking that I should just ride without a brace, but that will be the one time I'll crash and mangle my arm again.....

·
Registered
975 Posts
Oh Man!!!! Sign me up!I could bring about 30 more sleds

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, but where is this?? My wife and I would like to do a poker run but do not belong to a club and wind up riding by ourselves. We are in Lansing, MI so we have to drive to the U.P. for snow :-( .

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This group is not a club or part of one. These 50+ sleds are friends, relatives etc. that meet every year for MKK Jr. weekend. This was my first year attending, but most of these guys have been doing it for years. Some of 'em used to ride with Wertz Warriors, but no longer participate, however still love to ride. The poker run was actually an afterthought once everyone showed up. The drag racing is an annual event held at the "Potato Field" in Lakes of the North Saturday morning (11:00am) of MLK Jr. weekend.
Perhaps we could hook-up next year?
The location is in Antrim County, Michigan. Exit 270 off I-75 (Waters) then North on Old 27 to C-32 West toward Mancelona. This area (Antrim County) has the highest average snowfall in the Northern Lower Penninsula due the lake effect.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have a look on the internet and try this link:
http://www.frederic-mi.com/sledheads/conditions.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts