Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Im gettin close to crunch time on my sled... gettin it set up for the ice drags here in 4 days. I want to shave another 10th off my 60ft time and i think race fuel will help.

I looking for a reasonable mixing ratio (super to 110race) im running 120 for compresison on a 1998 xc 600. I was about to mix 40 race to 60 super but was advised to ask around haha Thx for any help tips in advance [:D]

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
you will see no improvement in power by adding race fuel. 120 psi on the 98 600xc sounds like stock compression, which would make me think it's mostly a stock motor. at least a stock compression ratio. unless you raise the compression ratio of the motor, you don't need high octane fuel. unless you have pipes that raise the running compression ratio and the pipe manufacturer says you need race fuel. in which case you need race fuel all the time. high octane fuel will not make more power.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That's what I was thinking. I have more compression than that on my stocker, and I don't run anything over 87.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No improvment? really? The worst thing i was worried about with trying it was messing up my timing and melting a piston or two if i used to much but no im improvment.. damn I think i may be just gettin a little to desperate becuz i dont have enough time to order any parts.... i sure could use a 54/36 helix by tomorrow

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
you certainly won't melt a piston. if you see any difference, it might be going slower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts