Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you locals in northern MN, is there going to be any rideable areas tomorrow or this week at all?

Finland/Isabella?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
it is snowing pretty good up in ely. ely is about 45 minutes up highway 1 from isabella. the trails are pretty good yesterday. so they should be better because of the snow that is falling right now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
just north of hinkley about 4 more exits thay have alot of snow on the ground i took a road trip was trying to make it to duluth but it got bad on the freeway when i got off to turn around and come back there was about 15 sleds flying down the road thats the way im headin tommorow

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks to be around 6 inches here in Monticello, MN with bigger drifts here and there. I got myself completely burried last night in a ditch. Just got back from riding and it's still nice here this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Here are a few pics. from Isabella this last few days.

Thur. at Isabella lake parking lot Right next to the BWCA. I led a group of 14 people around and they had a good time.
[attachment=54329]

Leaveing the Knotted pines this morning. 8 inches of fresh snow yesterday afternoon and last night.

[attachment=54315]

Friday takeing a break on the Snake trail

[attachment=54328]

Plenty of snow up there to ride. The trails are still rough but the logging roads are great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
hey grease monkey do u ever ride up to ely?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by 98_polaris_indy_500
[br]hey grease monkey do u ever ride up to ely?
We have been up there many times. Like running the secret trail ( isn,t too secret anymore ) and ride the lakes up to the Chainsaw sisters. Too bad they are closed now. It was a nice day ride from Isabella to there.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
on fri I might be heading up to the beaver bay area for a lap around the moose walk?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]on fri I might be heading up to the beaver bay area for a lap around the moose walk?
Trails aren,t the greatest. I would go up to Finland or Isabella and ride out of there.
About 6 miles north of Finland there is a place to park on the Snake trail ( right north of Murphy city ) launch out of there and you can connect to alot of logging roads.
The Snake trail is a blast. Lots of corners and plenty of snow.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from Vermillion/Tower and Giants Ridget/Biwabik.

Good new snow, enough to ride, but the trails were ungroomed and narrow/bumpy. Like they frequently are after the first real snow of the year.
Got about 150 miles in still.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I might be waiting for a while then. dont want to use all my gas money up on poor conditions.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Originally posted by greasemonkey
[br]
Originally posted by 98_polaris_indy_500
[br]hey grease monkey do u ever ride up to ely?
We have been up there many times. Like running the secret trail ( isn,t too secret anymore ) and ride the lakes up to the Chainsaw sisters. Too bad they are closed now. It was a nice day ride from Isabella to there.
yeah it kinda bothered me when i heard they were closing. that was one of my favorite places to go. if u ever want to go riding give me a call PM me for my number.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
ely got a 3/4 inch more

1 - 14 of 14 Posts