Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Do the agressive clutching, gear down, slipper gear maybe? Set up motor for high compression and high octane.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks dragon. what i am looking for is a kit and not sure if anyone made one with like twin pipes and such

my buddy has the 660 and i rode it and i wasnt to impressed with it.
thanks for the input guys its all helping

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
660 kit, monster stickers[/color=red], clutching, gearing. that should do something for performance.

couldnt say it better[thumb]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
what are you looking to do with your sled? race it or ride mountains or trails.. ?
also, was it a race sled or an RR?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
There were "Polaris Factory Mod twin pipes" for the RR. there was two kinds of twin pipes, ones built by SLP and ones built by LRM. I had a set of new ones that I just sold this week. They are out there, but they are quite hard to find and expect to pay a pretty penny for them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bj.hardy said:
what are you looking to do with your sled? race it or ride mountains or trails.. ?
it was the race sled, i am planning on backcountry jumping and what not and ramps

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
There were "Polaris Factory Mod twin pipes" for the RR. there was two kinds of twin pipes, ones built by SLP and ones built by LRM. I had a set of new ones that I just sold this week. They are out there, but they are quite hard to find and expect to pay a pretty penny for them.
shoot i figured that was the case. but a guy needs pipes hahaha if you happen to stumble across a set or the whole mod motor throw em my way [;)]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
how bout a 10.5 gal tank? the race sleds only came w/ 5's, and what about oil injection? are you gonna premix your sled

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i need a larger tank yet but as for oil i will still premix.
would i need to run low comp heads in order to run 91 if i had the mod 6 motor

·
Registered
328 Posts
yes as with higher octane heads the sled has more comp and making more heat, the higher octane gas such as 112 will make motor burn cooler go to 114 and will burn even cooler so 91 octane and high comp heads equals[kboom]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
sledder25 said:
bj.hardy said:
it was the race sled, i am planning on backcountry jumping and what not and ramps
It takes very little HP to run ramps and the stock motor should be plenty to handle most back country jumps. Unless you are climbing a MTN or racing I dont see why you would want to make it a finicky mod.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i know its sounds like a worse idea but for our filming and what we r doin it would jus be better. i used to race and i jus miss that and a mod feels like home [:p]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts