Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I have a 1991 sport 440, and I have some cosmetic upgrades on it. I was wondering what your opinion is on dropping a bigger fan motor in it, piping and clutching the motor, and extending the track to like a 133.5 or 136.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by yamarx1
[br]Does this sled have the small secondary and a P90 drive ?
Yes....

BidDog, your better off selling it and getting a liquid, been there dropped that 550 fan into my sport, pain in the butt, and lotsa tuning, you'll have to replace the jackshaft, gears, pipe, and carbs....possibly airbox too! its a pain i wouldnt do it!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
money pit. for what you would spend on a used motor. then hoping its ok. the pipe and mod work to the motor, clutch kit, misc. parts for the swap, heck you could find a 98 600 twin and ride a lot better than what you would have.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see what you guys are saying. I wish that i could make this work. I did find an x-10 rear suspension from a friend for 50 bucks though, that might come in handy. I think really the most money that would be spent would be on a motor, I know they cost a whole hell of a lot. I'll call around just for fun i guess to see if the local sled guy has a motor for fairly cheap,he could also give me a price on a track and the cooling hook up, and all the other stuff i need, this still isnt set in stone, but if a twin is too much, maybe a tripple?

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
I agree with not doing it. even with all the work of a 550 swap your still only at 65hp. There is 98 XCR 440s "95hp" selling for $1400 around here, you would be better off with something like that IMO.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ueah, I would definately like a liquid sled better thatn what I have right now. But I dont even have 1400. Not only that, but this is what I enjoy. In all seriousness, I wouldnt mind haveing something like what madcow has, but just trial ridable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts