Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock indy 400 and im wondering what would be the best mods that i can do to it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
pull the 400 and go with something bigger and mod that youl have more fun.good luck

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i kinda like my old 400 fuji motor nothing matter with it just looking to g a little faster.

·
Registered
855 Posts
You could change the clutch spring and weights which will make it pull harder out of the hole. If you wanted to put some $$$ into it Port,Polish, and mill the head a lttle possible. Other than that you cant really do much more, I dont think they made pipes or a can for that machine.
or what he said drop a (700) in it you wont need any more mods.

·
Registered
700 Posts
a newer style 3/4" used track or new will make it handle and hook much better. You can put carbides on your skis too. Tune the clutches or get a kit. Theres a surprising difference in accel. and power to the ground in general. Milling the head a touch will also help and doesnt usualy affect jetting unless you take off a lot. If you have stock jets you can probably lean it out one size but after keep an eye on your plugs and pistons just to be sure its ok. Dropping one tooth on the top gear is also pretty commen. Pipes on the 400 dont do a whole lot for them and you could do more with the money they cost to get a lot more seat to pants pull.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last year i blew the old track and installed a shotgun track with 1.25 porfile and i have currently just bought new platic kinpex skis with jagged edge carbides

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The Shotgun track will cut top speed a bit, however Kimpex claims it to be the lightest track in its class which is good. If top end is what you want then clutch and gear it accordingly. If you are looking to broaden the powerband you can get a pipe from Aaen or DG, PSI used to make one. Dial in your jetting and maybe a clutch kit. You can shave the head, mild porting, but this won't really add power, just alter the powerband.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do i lose topspeed the added xtra porfile height?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[attachment=55370][attachment=55369][attachment=55371]

my indy sitting and waiting for some powder[:(]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Originally posted by Boss302man
[br].... Pipes on the 400 dont do a whole lot for them .....
I installed an Aaen Trail Torquer, and it was a noticeable difference. It wasn't HUGE, but I wasn't looking for huge. I'm not really a top speed guy but more of a trail rider, so the Trail Torquer was a good pipe for my riding.
I also have a newer track with a more aggressive pattern. I went one tooth less on the drive gear in the chain case.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Originally posted by 2stroke_lives
[br]last year i blew the old track and installed a shotgun track with 1.25 porfile .........
Doesn't your track paddles hit your front heat exchanger?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no there is clearence but some of its been flaten from ice getting stuck between the tack and exchanger.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Nice clean 400 you have there, which mine was that clean when I had it in running order.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea my family only boiught it 2 yeasr ago and was prety much mint besides the track and windshield was bad. i just replaced that put some skis on and winsdheild riser. and ohh yea the front nose cone from when the throtle froze up.

P.S it still only has 4500 clicks on it

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Just 4500 on it? Nice. Run it 'til she says 10,000 and then rebuild it. Then ride it a few more years.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts